Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Robert Young

East Fife v Stirling Albion

On Tuesday we get a break from league duty, ( the one Stirling Albion Nil play in), and take part in the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer thingy cup, (that title takes the biscuit.)

Anyway that gives KR a chance to try out 5 or 6 of those other 15 players he took on this summer.  I expect Binnie to play in goal, so that should be "fun".  I won't be going as they won't be any free handouts of my favourite biscuit, (as well as Kit Kats, Wagon Wheels, Blue Ribands, etc,).

I expect another defeat, but at least there are no points to lose.

You never know we might just surprise ourselves on Tuesday night and come away with a win ( That’s when you score more goals than the opposition ) 

Wont be going, Saturday was bad enough without travelling back into Fife and to Methil of all places. 

Wish the team well and if they keep the score down it will be something. 

• Like 1

i detect a certain lethargic response. Given disappointing results so far that’s understandable. Provided there are signs of progress in the goal scoring department i will be happy. 

Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised with a good performance, even if we don’t win the tie. Can’t see it sadly. I would personally hope he plays his strongest team as we have chopped and changed a lot since pre season.

If we had won our first 2 league games then sure have an experiment but we need to start getting some performances out of our best players firstly. 

25 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I would personally hope he plays his strongest team 

That's problematic with McGeachie and Banner both suspended for it and McGregor still injured.

33 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

That's problematic with McGeachie and Banner both suspended for it and McGregor still injured.

I think the club's recent post says that Banner can play, and Ross can't.  The rules on sendings off are no' as simple as they used to be or I'm maybe just too auld to understand them.  I' m confident however that McGregor will make a difference when he's fit again.  

4 minutes ago, Robert Young said:

I think the club's recent post says that Banner can play, and Ross can't.  The rules on sendings off are no' as simple as they used to be or I'm maybe just too auld to understand them.  I' m confident however that McGregor will make a difference when he's fit again.  

Maybe we're both too auld too understand them Bob.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The West Stand said:

Quite a few changes. Binnie in, Duffy in, Dom in, Peters in. Willis in.

Wilson, MacKin, Hawke, Thomson, Currie out.

Changing the goalie shows how little KR wants to progress. 

7 minutes ago, Fuctoff said:

Changing the goalie shows how little KR wants to progress. 

on the other hand Darryl Duffy scoring gives us a chance to progress! 

25 minutes ago, JSavage said:

Genius signing. The Treble is very much on.

Backed up by a second goal!,!!!

Is the next round where the foreign teams join? 

2 clubs from Northern Ireland Football League (Ballymena United & Glenavon)
2 clubs from Welsh Premier League (The New Saints & Connah’s Quay Nomads)
2 clubs from League of Ireland Premier Division (Waterford & Bohemians)
2 clubs from English National League (Solihull Moors & Wrexham)

well well pleasent surprise darryl duffy and josh peters scoring . a wee confidence booster and hopefully one to take into the game on sat . at least at the 10th time off asking finally getting that long overdue win . now we just need to kick on for the more important games to come 

3 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Delighted with that result. Absolutely delighted. Even though it’s not the league it gives us hope. 

and a chance of more income

More income?

in this competition???

its the equivalent of drawing a team from Kazakhstan in the preliminaries of European cups, I’d be surprised if we cover our costs never mind generate money. 

a nice wee trip to wales or ireland would be good give the fans time to get a good bevie in . and a long time since weve played the equivalent off a european tie , aek athens in greece 1966 i think on way home from japan 

just wondering do you need a passport for ireland not clued up on that one . i really would love a trip outside scotland think fans would enjoy it too what a novelty it would be like going to play in the uefa cup bring it on 

Two goals and  a shut out,away from home against a league one side.  I think that qualifies as a step towards getting it sorted.  It's at least calmed my nerves a bit.  

• Like 1