Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

Edinburgh City v The Binos

Wanting a manager sacked after 2-3 league games is nonsense. It’s still August and there are 33 league games and 99 points to play for. Rutkiewicz hasn’t even been at the club for a year.  

Luck plays a massive part in football and 1-0 defeats could easily be 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 the other way. If the team were losing 3, 4 or 5-0 every week then I’d be more concerned. Until that happens or the team start to get cut adrift from the rest, they need to crack on and suck up the criticism they are getting. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think this squad is really poor, but that will be a reflection of the wages that these players will be getting paid. What the players will be getting paid will be a reflection of the managers budget. 

P.S., Pete, you likened KR to a young Alex Ferguson, you said Dave Mackay was going to be the next St. Johnstone manager and you claimed to have personally recommended Stuart McLaren to the board. So maybe you should sit the next few play out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

It’s hard to put a hard and fast rule on it... for example if we slump to an utterly abject defeat on Saturday then that will be enough for me too. However if we play well and lose narrowly then manage a decent draw the next week then I’d stick with it. The whole thing is a bit more nuanced. 

Such a shame it’s come to this.

If we get presented with a horror show against Cove it could be enough for me as well mate.  

Some fans pointed out warning signs at the tail end of last season and I knew they had a point. I wouldn't have sacked him then though, so I'm not going to blame the board for not doing it. I believed the squad would be strengthened.  I actually believe it has been, yet here we go again with another miserable start.  I just sit in disbelief the same as others.  0 points and 0 goals don't lie though, so either KR gets a grip of it, or goodbye.  

In saying that, I haven't a scooby who would replace him who could be relied on to get it sorted. No wonder people are fed up.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, petestats said:

going by the posts tonight so far . brutal take on the game this is kevins team , so im afraid p45 is for me the only option , majority of opinion is we cant leave making a change much longer. its never to early to make changes when its prudent to do so . our season three games in is allready at the point off being written off . 7 points off the top no goals 2 shots on target in 3 games for me enough is enough 

Corporal Jones, give it a rest. You had crowned him the messiah a few weeks back now he’s after three league games he’s a very naughty boy. Life is not binary and he will get more time than three league games into the season.

We were relatively ok until they scored, albeit that they hit the woodwork a few times,  and the pattern of Heids go Doon as soon as we go behind repeated itself. Our defence is not a shambles but the three goals we have conceded in three games have not been to unstoppable. Midfield is not right yet but my personal opinion is that the right playing system to get the best out of the current crop of players has not been discovered but we will get there.

Up front Duffy is an improvement. We need someone along side him to finish chances. Is that Peters, Mackin or A.N.Other? I would be surprised if Hawke is that man though. He looks like he has much to learn. This team hasn’t gelled instantly and time must be given time  to show what they can do. Calling for the manager’s head at this stage is bonkers. If we get a right Royal pumping off Cove instead of a 0-1 defeat though ........

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Corporal Jones, give it a rest. You had crowned him the messiah a few weeks back now he’s after three league games he’s a very naughty boy. Life is not binary and he will get more time than three league games into the season.

We were relatively ok until they scored, albeit that they hit the woodwork a few times,  and the pattern of Heids go Doon as soon as we go behind repeated itself. Our defence is not a shambles but the three goals we have conceded in three games have not been to unstoppable. Midfield is not right yet but my personal opinion is that the right playing system to get the best out of the current crop of players has not been discovered but we will get there.

Up front Duffy is an improvement. We need someone along side him to finish chances. Is that Peters, Mackin or A.N.Other? I would be surprised if Hawke is that man though. He looks like he has much to learn. This team hasn’t gelled instantly and time must be given time  to show what they can do. Calling for the manager’s head at this stage is bonkers. If we get a right Royal pumping off Cove instead of a 0-1 defeat though ........

Corporal Jones !  My grandsons and I have just watched two episodes of Dads Army.  Just an aside.  Ray, at the start of the season you were one of the first on this forum who was 'worried' that this was going to be another season of misery, and that we weren't going to do well, especially without a decent striker.  When then, if we fail again on Saturday, do we get rid of KR because of this horrific start.   We can't go on for say, 10 - 12 games because by that time we could be 15 to 20 points adrift of the rest of the table and absolutely nae change of getting back into contention for the top four.  We've done this before especially with McLaren and MacKay.   We haven't just played 3 games.  We were very poor in the League Cup, apart from the games against Hibs (which appears to be a false dawn.  We won at Methil, yes, but were the Fifers players minds on todays game against Rangers.  Only they'll know that.

As it stands I don't see any sign or hope of this set of players getting much better.  I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway here's a 'dare' for KR and the team.  I said earlier that the team would finish 8th in the league.  I dare the team to prove me wrong.  If we finish in the first seven places, next season I'll pay full bunk for a season ticket rather than the Auld Codger's price. 

13 hours ago, The Gray Man said:

P.S., Pete, you likened KR to a young Alex Ferguson, you said Dave Mackay was going to be the next St. Johnstone manager and you claimed to have personally recommended Stuart McLaren to the board. So maybe you should sit the next few play out.

Pete’s ramblings actually put me off coming onto here or actually discussing anything when I am on. I posted last night and logged off thinking I wouldn’t return, however waking up this morning to an email saying someone had PM’d me, brought me back in. The good thing (from my point) about being an admin on Rave On was that some of the posts and nonsense you read, you could make disappear before others read them, so threads weren’t always turned into verbal diarrhoea. 

I have nothing against Pete as a person, I don’t know him (despite not sitting too far from him when he does come to games), and I’ve been using the last 3 forums enough to know that he obviously has his own problems, and I genuinely sympathise with that and if I could help in any way then I would, but this doesn’t excuse the incessant ramblings that we have to endure on a continual basis. So many people have advised him in the past, I was actually at a game 3-4 years ago when Gorilla physically spoke to him about it and offered help, I myself have posted to stop listening to “his sources” and have tried to reason with him, make him think about the things he posts, however it continues and you know what, and maybe it’s become life is not smelling of roses for me at the minute, but i’m just not reading it anymore. 

Football for me is a release, whether it’s through watching, coaching or playing, it’s a release from every day life. I fucking love football!!!!

LIKE EVERYONE, and I probably include the board, coaching & playing staff in this, i’m disappointed and want better for Stirling Albion,  and these forums were always a good way to have good debate about the goings on, games, signings, managers etc etc. However, to the end of Rave On and now no here, the debate, in my opinion, is now saturated to the point that I think, what’s the point of coming on?

Yes, many posts are made which are critical of the club/team, but there is a way to be critical. I think i’m an extremely level headed guy, and i’m fairly laid back, but even i’ve had my moments on here where I have been critical of managers and players, but at the end of the day that’s because these platforms should be used for fans to discuss concerns, but in a constructive way, not rant on half facts, made up facts, interpretation on tweets thrown in with personal vendettas with people you just don’t like.

Rant over, but i’m honestly fed up with it.

10 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Calling for the manager’s head at this stage is bonkers. If we get a right Royal pumping off Cove instead of a 0-1 defeat though ........

I agree with a lot of what @Ray Vaughn said in his post, and I totally agree with this, but what is actually sadder is, sections of the support called for his head on the opening day of the season. Madness!!

I hope KR can get this right, just as I hoped every manager before him could, but he has to be given time to get things right, calling for his head a couple of games in just doesn’t sit well to me. Yip, a Stuart McLaren v East Fife or a Dave Mackay v Albion Rovers type performance and result on Saturday might see no way back for him, but until that point you have to give the guy a chance.

I questioned some of the resigning’s and new signings, and predicted us to have a 6th or 7th places finish this year due to the recruitment, but actually, as Ray states above, we’re probably not a million miles away from getting some points on the board, but I do feel, at this moment in time, we are some distance away from being in a position to challenge for promotion but I have been wrong before and will be again i’m sure.

We can see where the problems lie (no goals, no width, poor supply to strikers) but I think Duffy could address some of this, and who knows, continual work with the players on the training ground to get more opportunities for our creative players to get on the ball, opportunity for a loan signing (???) and maybe our short comings can be addressed, whatever the answer might be, KR deserves the time to get us out of the situation imho. How long that time should be, for me depends on what answers he is giving behind the scenes, not on SATV camera, but I do believe it’s only right to give him a wee bit longer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buster said:

these platforms should be used for fans to discuss concerns, but in a constructive way, not rant on half facts, made up facts, interpretation on tweets thrown in with personal vendettas with people you just don’t like.

Yes, totally agree. There’s always going to be moments on any forum when people post reactively without proper consideration - that's life - but to be doing it repeatedly day in day out is something else. It is not good for the poster (people learn to discount and will ignore any post where you do have something valuable to say) and it is certainly not good for the other forum users, tending to drive people away.

This reminds me of nights long ago, listening to John Peel’s “Stenhousemuir 2 Cowdenbeath 2” show on Radio Luxembourg medium wave, with the music content constantly sliding under the noise of burps, distortion and louder signals. It did the music no good, it was tiring, and eventually you just stopped listening.

Guest petestats

i apolgise buster for driving you crazy mate . il tone down my posts accordingly. just so frustrating to see another manager make a pigs ear off things . i honestly think this is a team that are top4  material darryl duffy and josh peters have proven how good they are . just need to find a system to suit them . im thinking off coming down at the weekend see if i can bring them luck . im in a fairly good place just now had a nice wee windfalll that will see me at least into 2022 . im planning at the moment to get sorted out . for a weekend break in aberdeen around the weekend off the cove game add to my bucket list that and st mirren game . will leave hamilton as the only one off the 44 grounds ive not been in the rest multiple visits.  so sorry again buster . will only post now at weekends after games and promise no ranting i agree doesnt serve any purpose 

1 hour ago, petestats said:

i apolgise buster for driving you crazy mate . il tone down my posts accordingly. just so frustrating to see another manager make a pigs ear off things . i honestly think this is a team that are top4  material darryl duffy and josh peters have proven how good they are . just need to find a system to suit them . im thinking off coming down at the weekend see if i can bring them luck . im in a fairly good place just now had a nice wee windfalll that will see me at least into 2022 . im planning at the moment to get sorted out . for a weekend break in aberdeen around the weekend off the cove game add to my bucket list that and st mirren game . will leave hamilton as the only one off the 44 grounds ive not been in the rest multiple visits.  so sorry again buster . will only post now at weekends after games and promise no ranting i agree doesnt serve any purpose 

That sounds a good course of action. We all know you wear your heart on your sleeve and that the frustrations you feel are genuine. So far we have all shared the disappointments Pete. Let’s hope we can all enjoy success before long.  

Looking at the highlights we had some good chances in that first half.  Danny should have scored - good save from Antell - and nicholl was unlucky with the header that came back off the bar.  And while it's impossible from the camera angle to see if the disallowed goal should have stood it certainly looked good from where I was sitting.  

Might have been a different story had one of those gone in/counted.

I guess that's football.  Things dont go for you when you're off the boil 

Guest petestats

my one wish is to see a return to the days when we had a team to get excited win lose or draw . the best off times where the moore years with the daft as a brush manager , and a dressing room full off caracters you couldnt help loving these guys crambie snoddy chris aitken stewart devine when players and fans bought into everything binos . one day guys . hope we have something to tell the grand kids about 

4 minutes ago, petestats said:

my one wish is to see a return to the days when we had a team to get excited win lose or draw . the best off times where the moore years with the daft as a brush manager , and a dressing room full off caracters you couldnt help loving these guys crambie snoddy chris aitken stewart devine when players and fans bought into everything binos . one day guys . hope we have something to tell the grand kids about 

On that you will find that a good many fans agree.

3 minutes ago, petestats said:

My halcyon days are the Brogan years dovetailing into the Drinkell era. Perhaps it would be better described as the Mark McGeown decade. A solid ten years of excitement and memories I shared alongside my late Grandpa.

Maybe the game has changed so much we'll never see a return to these glorious times at Forthbank. I really hope we do.

Living in Cheshire these days, I live for the SATV highlights. Seeing the Binos in the flesh is a rarity these days for me; so when I do I want to see the players chasing every ball and trying to carve out a win.  It's why I was so gutted at the performance I saw against Queen's Park - there just seemed to be a lack of hunger together with what I perceived as a lack on urgency in the dugout.

Mon the Binos! Let's hope this season turns around.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Craigy said:

Slightly off topic but Brechin have sacked Barry Smith 

Smith's Record according to Wikipedia is 33 games - 6 wins, 6 draws and 21 loses - 18.18% win percentage.

KR's according to Wiki is 34 games - 11 wins, 9 draws and 14 loses - 32.35% win percentage.

I suppose if anyone wants to find a marker, it's the 5th October away to Brechin. By around 4:45pm we'll have played all the teams in the league once and will truly know how terrifying our season could be; or not. 

Edited by Ross the Boss

Guest petestats

feel sorry for barry smith the one man who stepped up to the plate when everything was falling apart at dundee drove the mini bus washed the kit . a real football person . feel hes been punted at brechin for non football related matters there struggling finance wise . and probably are in a worse state than we are they for me look a team that could drop threw the trapdoor . like cowdenbeath relegation after relegation catch up with you . most pundits did have brechin down to finish bottom 

1 hour ago, Craigy said:

Slightly off topic but Brechin have sacked Barry Smith 

Well that’s a bit of a surprise after 3 games in, they get rid of their manager. Wonder who will fill the vacancy ? 

Could have implications for us if they get someone and he starts to turn things around at Glebe Park.We need to start getting our act together and soon if we want to avoid the 10th spot. Still plenty of time but we need to ensure we are not in the relegation dogfight at the bottom at the very least this season. 

On 8/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, Darth Bino said:

Thanks, indeed he did. Well if Peters is happy with that explanation, so am I.

I forgot to ask Darth. Are you suggesting that Peters wasn’t subbed due to an injury? That’s just how I read this comment.

4 hours ago, The Gray Man said:

I forgot to ask Darth. Are you suggesting that Peters wasn’t subbed due to an injury? That’s just how I read this comment.

Not really. I just wondered why KR never mentioned what the injury was, or how it happened.  Since he had to substitute McLean due to a knock, it wouldn't make sense to make another substitution at half time if he didn't have to. A knock of some sort is the only thing that makes sense of it. I did word it poorly though. I was more thinking, if the player agreed he needed to come off, fair enough.

5 hours ago, Bino2014 said:

Well that’s a bit of a surprise after 3 games in, they get rid of their manager.

Not so much if the performances were really bad. Berwick's fate could bring on a few panic attacks this season.  Somebody's going to be in that playoff, just please God not us.