Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Guest petestats

Stirling Albion v Cove Rangers

On 8/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, petestats said:

is it too soon to call this a must win

Perhaps... But it's not too soon to call it a 'must score' game. If we don't score, it'll be 450 minutes in the League without one.

The highlights have seemed to show a few more positives since the opening game of the season. Loads of folk, myself included, have talked about the team needing to 'gel'. Let's hope this is the weekend it finally happens.

3 hours ago, petestats said:

sorry kr for me doesnt look like he could say boo to a goose and get a response . 

To my knowledge both KR and Martin have heavily booed geese. Whatever problems they have, it aint because they're too soft to vent Pete. I'm not predicting they'll turn it round, I'm not predicting they won''t . I don't see it coming down to how loud they can bawl people out though. If it was that simple it would be fixed by now mate.

14 hours ago, Mr grumpy said:

I amazed that so many still have faith that KR will turn things round.  If we win tomorrow, I’ll apologise for doubting him.  Will those you support him apologise for backing him for yet another week if we lose?

This post sums up the current state of this forum.

I wonder what you would prefer more, a Stirling win or a defeat so you can come on here to count your apologies? That was a rhetorical question, so there is no need for you to respond.

Also, when you think the team are going to finish bottom of the league, why are you pissing and moaning when the team are exceeding your own expectations? Feel free to answer that one.

18 hours ago, Bobs said:

Pete I’m sure that the guy is as disappointed as us the way results have gone. I’m equally sure he feels the pressure to give us a result on Saturday. Frustration I can understand but posts like this are not the best motivational tools to help him or the team. I don’t know what the result is going to be but, I hope it’s going to be a positive one. Let’s hold our horses before we consign KR to the bin.

Well personally I would give him until the game at Paisley against St. Mirren Colts.  If we can't get anything from tomorrows game, against Albion Rovers next, then against The Buddies youngsters, then I would say that we had a problem.

32 minutes ago, Robert Young said:

Well personally I would give him until the game at Paisley against St. Mirren Colts.  If we can't get anything from tomorrows game, against Albion Rovers next, then against The Buddies youngsters, then I would say that we had a problem.

Can understand that Robert, would tend to agree with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petestats said:

seriously guys has the manager lost his marbles . if id penned that article today in the stirling observer . id be banned from the forum . and told maybe i need to send for the men in the white coats . if ever a manager put a neck in the noose and stood on the trapdoor thats it . and its all off his own doing . ive never read so much rubbish from any stirling manager period . to come out with the comments we fear nobody and bring it on tomorrow . is a act off reckless folley .far better to play the game first . then wax lyrical afterwards fine . 

Have to agree Pete. I really expected the manager to come out and say we fear Cove and he expected a tanking tomorrow. Saying he fears nobody and is looking forward to tomorrow is simply inexcusable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, petestats said:

seriously guys has the manager lost his marbles . if id penned that article today in the stirling observer . id be banned from the forum . and told maybe i need to send for the men in the white coats . if ever a manager put a neck in the noose and stood on the trapdoor thats it . and its all off his own doing . ive never read so much rubbish from any stirling manager period . to come out with the comments we fear nobody and bring it on tomorrow . is a act off reckless folley .far better to play the game first . then wax lyrical afterwards fine . il be attending tomorrow . to see sign off all this silky football hes talking about . i just find it incomperhensible. that any manager would lay his self wide open like this when we havent won a game scored a goal and dont have a point on the board . paul hartley must be laughing himself silly . as for our board there must have been loud groans . because in effect hes put a marker down for the game back me or sack me. if it goes tits up again then beautifal sunday will be p45 day  

Fuxsake Pete, you really need to let the doctor look at that hyperbole of yours.

KR is just trying to keep things positive while acknowledging results need to start coming. There must be trillions of quotes (see - anybody can do it) from managers in the same position as ours.

2 hours ago, petestats said:

seriously guys has the manager lost his marbles . 

As a fan of irony, this is a peach.

• Like 1

Guest petestats

i dont think any off you are getting the point here . weve been terrible since day one . im simply not seeing what the managers getting at so okay we beat the cones 5-0 on thursday night so what . every week im hearing johnny harvey mark 2 its desperation stuff we as fans are being asked to swallow . dont think the players believe it . for me it would a shock off earthquake size if we get anything tomorrow

5 hours ago, petestats said:

seriously guys has the manager lost his marbles . if id penned that article today in the stirling observer . id be banned from the forum . and told maybe i need to send for the men in the white coats . if ever a manager put a neck in the noose and stood on the trapdoor thats it . and its all off his own doing . ive never read so much rubbish from any stirling manager period . to come out with the comments we fear nobody and bring it on tomorrow . is a act off reckless folley .far better to play the game first . then wax lyrical afterwards fine . il be attending tomorrow . to see sign off all this silky football hes talking about . i just find it incomperhensible. that any manager would lay his self wide open like this when we havent won a game scored a goal and dont have a point on the board . paul hartley must be laughing himself silly . as for our board there must have been loud groans . because in effect hes put a marker down for the game back me or sack me. if it goes tits up again then beautifal sunday will be p45 day  

Talking about someone with their head in a noose is highly inappropriate in this day and age based on increasing male mental health issues that are around. You have taken this forum to a new low with your illiterate nonsense. You really should fulfil your promise of giving the forum a rest for a while, it might do you some good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest petestats
8 hours ago, petestats said:

8 hours ago, petestats said:

3 hours ago, The Gray Man said:

Talking about someone with their head in a noose is highly inappropriate in this day and age based on increasing male mental health issues that are around. You have taken this forum to a new low with your illiterate nonsense. You really should fulfil your promise of giving the forum a rest for a while, it might do you some good.  

i sincerly didnt mean that to come out the way it sounded . believe me ive been there . so i dont wont any one to take it the way it sounds .  it think everyone knows the sentiment was only used in terms off someone backing themself into a corner but using the words  i used was wrong  

9 hours ago, petestats said:

i dont think any off you are getting the point here . weve been terrible since day one . im simply not seeing what the managers getting at so okay we beat the cones 5-0 on thursday night so what . every week im hearing johnny harvey mark 2 its desperation stuff we as fans are being asked to swallow . dont think the players believe it . for me it would a shock off earthquake size if we get anything tomorrow

Ok Pete, calm down and think this through. Kevin's right in the sense that they shouldn't have to fear anybody in league 2.  A manager has to try and keep self belief up. That's a big part of his job. He can hardly tell them to piss in their shorts at the thought of trying to get forward against Cove. You have to believe you can win Pete and you have to try. That's all he's trying to do.  What do you want him to say? Just try and keep the score down, you've no chance? Really mate, would you be happier with that?  The players wouldn't be, the board wouldn't be and I'd be bloody furious. As far as I'm concerned they should be thinking of the opposition as Warburton's  Rangers. As in, they're feching toast!  Inspiration and perspiration buddy, not sobbing ok?

Back to todays game, lets hope we can get the first goal and see how Cove handle it. Clearly they are the favourites to get the points but if we can knock them off their stride early on and get our noses in front then see what happens. Cove can score goals but they also concede a few as well, so maybe just maybe we might something here today. 

It will be interesting to see how many Cove fans turn up today for their first visit to Forthbank. From indications I an getting they don't appear to have a large support and it will be interesting to see how many turn up. 

Wish the team all the best for today and hope at 4.50pm when the Albion fans leave Forthbank we have smiles on our faces, now that would be nice. 

Posted (edited)

I consulted with my pal Mr Smirnoff last night and he says we're going to win, but oh my head hurts now.

Edited by Darth Bino
edit

13 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

I consulted with my pal Mr Smirnoff last night and he says we're going to win, but oh my head hurts now.

Mr Balvenie says the same and passes on his regards 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Neither one ever lies. They just have really low standards at the last dance at discos.   3-1 Binos. Darth mind trick control hat trick.

Guest petestats

first time . ive decided that no i wont be going this afternoon . to be honest im totally scunnerd   . in truth im not missing it and im in a place just now a lot better . than having negatives after poor results . i expect us to lose this afternoon weather its enough to see the manager pack his bags at 5-00 will wait and see remember when edinburgh came into the league think it was 12 games before  they got thier first win my first game in the league il go to will be the trip to cove in november unless weve turned it round by that time till then guys enjoy or continue having this sadistic treatment meated out 

30 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

His compatriots Mr Craggenmore, and the two Glens, Livet and Grant are worth cultivating. Known the three of them for over 10 years and watched them maturing.

1 hour ago, Bobs said:

His compatriots Mr Craggenmore, and the two Glens, Livet and Grant are worth cultivating. Known the three of them for over 10 years and watched them maturing.

Mr Ardbeg and Mrs Auchentoshan agree with you on that one...

Guest petestats

whats the parachute payment worth to the club when were relegated . how much longer is this farce going to go on hoping its going to come good when the manager hasnt a scooby what the f///ck hes doing 

Good news. It’s only 0-1.

Cove have looked dangerous since the goal but until then there was little in it.

Quite an open game really but we need to press them more when they have the ball.

Fyvue is all over the pitch from cb to mid & cf.

Guest petestats

what time to you want me to phone for krs taxi tonight 6.  00  okay give him time to clear his desk and say his goodbyes surely this must be the game when the board say enough is enough . 3 -5 games no goals and not a sniff off one . players heads must be all over the place just now 

Posted (edited)

This is terrible. We’re standing watching them play. Every time Cove are on the ball, they’re carrying it 5-10-15 yards and we’re watching. Fair play to them, the ball through for the goal was a cracker and at that point it was 1 chance 1 goal with not a lot in it, but since then we’re looked worse.

Positive signs.......on the ball, before the goal, we played some nice stuff but have absolutely no killer ball.

Worrying!

Edited by Buster