Jump to content
Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Guest petestats

Stirling Albion v Cove Rangers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Robert Young said:

My pal and I have been saying for some time that we need an 'Auld Heid' in the background to help KR in his first outing as a manager.  Someone with a bit of nous to help him along with team matters.  Ross Forsyth maybe?  Someone like that.

I can't  help thinking that all the rookies learn their basics for their badges at the same place from the same people Bob.  Is it the pupils, or the fechers educating them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert Young said:

The manager who is usually animated, on the touchline, hovered about shaking his head with frustration.  

I’m wondering if you sit near me Robert Young because that was mentioned by us as well. KR has certainly changed him touchline demeanor and was certainly less  animated. I’m actually tempted to say there appeared to be a tiredness about him, and it came across in the after match interview as well, which i’ve just watch. The spark and twinkle seems to have faded.

1 hour ago, Robert Young said:

My pal and I have been saying for some time that we need an 'Auld Heid' in the background to help KR in his first outing as a manager.  Someone with a bit of nous to help him along with team matters.  Ross Forsyth maybe?  Someone like that.

Agreed with you up until the Ross Forsyth part, then I spat my coffee out and shouted “hold the bus”. Naw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Buster said:

I’m wondering if you sit near me Robert Young because that was mentioned by us as well. KR has certainly changed him touchline demeanor and was certainly less  animated. I’m actually tempted to say there appeared to be a tiredness about him, and it came across in the after match interview as well, which i’ve just watch. The spark and twinkle seems to have faded.

Agreed with you up until the Ross Forsyth part, then I spat my coffee out and shouted “hold the bus”. Naw.

A. I agree about the tiredness bit and he looked as though he had had enough.

B. Ross was just an example of the kind of person we need with experience.  What about "Big Yogi" Hughes.  I don't think he's managing anywhere.  Hire him for a month or so to try and get KR going in the right direction.  (I know about ex Falkirk and all that but, when you're in a hole, try and get some help).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The introduction of Cammy Thomson and Craig Truesdale gave us some success down the flanks but, as many have said, it was too little too late. Until then we didn't have anyone that was capable of delivering a cross to trouble the Cove defence. We should be playing from the start in the manner we finished the game.

It's clear from the post match interview that KR knows that another defeat against Albion Rovers will see his tenure end. Ironic in a way..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the club lacks the basic structure for a good manager to succeed. Stuart McLaren made significant changes behind the scenes for the better. Unfortunately he couldn’t win a game, but it was his work behind the scenes that gave him so long.  Dave MacKay maintained that structure, and actually done a decent job as manager.  Unfortunately he couldn’t turn things round when it all went pear shaped.   KR came and made huge changes from day 1, for the sake of making changes and to stamp his mark.  The next manager will have a mountain to climb as he will need to rebuild the significant damage caused by this regime.

changes are needed at board level too, but every time SB is challenged, he comes out of it stronger.

the club simply needs rebuilt.  We need people with vision and a plan from boardroom to manager.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

I believe the club lacks the basic structure for a good manager to succeed. Stuart McLaren made significant changes behind the scenes for the better. Unfortunately he couldn’t win a game, but it was his work behind the scenes that gave him so long.  Dave MacKay maintained that structure, and actually done a decent job as manager.  Unfortunately he couldn’t turn things round when it all went pear shaped.   KR came and made huge changes from day 1, for the sake of making changes and to stamp his mark.  The next manager will have a mountain to climb as he will need to rebuild the significant damage caused by this regime.

changes are needed at board level too, but every time SB is challenged, he comes out of it stronger.

the club simply needs rebuilt.  We need people with vision and a plan from boardroom to manager.

“We need people with vision”.

Sorry Mr Grumpy you don’t qualify! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr grumpy said:

Stuart McLaren made significant changes behind the scenes for the better.

Dave MacKay maintained that structure, and actually done a decent job as manager.  

KR came and made huge changes from day 1, for the sake of making changes and to stamp his mark.  

Can you provide specific details on the significant changes and structures these managers put in place, and what exactly KR has changed please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main issue we've had with the last few managers is that none of them have been good at signing players. The team that wins this division generally has the best squad. Stirling have finished where the squad has deserved to finish in the last few years. I don't think it's ever been a case of failure due to a manager doing a bad job on match days. Both Rutkiewicz and Brown have mentioned that winning the league was the aim this season. I can only assume that means the budget is good enough for that to be realistic. It seems strange to me then that Rutkiewicz has assembled a squad of average at best fourth tier players. The fact that the squad was put together so early in the summer is even more damning. It's not like he was scrambling about to sign players days before the season started. This is the squad that he wanted and thought good enough to challenge for the title.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got plenty to say, but on this occasion I'm going to say the only positive things I can find...

The big disclaimer is that I've only managed to the Queen's Park game because I live in Englandshire these days.

But anyways...

We're creating more shots. Here are the stats from all the league games. On paper at least we appearing to be improving.

1.JPG.c23c056a5fc9f9b7b27993ea6c3befa9.JPG2.JPG.8b0632104a14a5da7fe53df82ae9a6cc.JPG3.JPG.fc1e66d1e94d8a3b200b70586e719224.JPG4.JPG.420e60f543a80430ef9008bf6fbe8f97.JPG

 

And the four teams we've played so far, make up the top five .

5.thumb.JPG.0071183563646ba9c24717a73792efd3.JPG

On paper, Albion Rovers have by far the worst defence, but they also have the second best scoring record. We've got a shout right? A good shout.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

The main issue we've had with the last few managers is that none of them have been good at signing players. The team that wins this division generally has the best squad. Stirling have finished where the squad has deserved to finish in the last few years. I don't think it's ever been a case of failure due to a manager doing a bad job on match days. Both Rutkiewicz and Brown have mentioned that winning the league was the aim this season. I can only assume that means the budget is good enough for that to be realistic. It seems strange to me then that Rutkiewicz has assembled a squad of average at best fourth tier players. The fact that the squad was put together so early in the summer is even more damning. It's not like he was scrambling about to sign players days before the season started. This is the squad that he wanted and thought good enough to challenge for the title.

I think that post absolutely nails it. We’ve been signing average or poor players for years now and it was clear before the league started that many fans were alarmed by the quality of what had been brought in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I think that post absolutely nails it. We’ve been signing average or poor players for years now and it was clear before the league started that many fans were alarmed by the quality . 

Spot on, it’s just been a different ethos of doing it. McLaren signed average or poor players that Corrigan has worked with previously, Mackay signed average to poor players initially that he had worked with, then moved onto players he had seen in the Development League.....now KR has gone to average to poor players that he has worked with previously that have experience of this level of football.

At the same time, the Development Squad has players that have filled in when required but have largely been over looked (with the exception of Davidson and then Banner), but actually have had players that were no worse or maybe even better than those that were signed from other clubs academies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that Greig and Skippy signed some players with decent ability but the reason they were basement players was their attitude which stank the dressing room out.

Dave MacKay signed players over the summer worse than he let go and was binned at the end of the 1st quarter. Will Kevin fall to the same fate? It is certainly clear we let Lee Hamilton go and signed Lowden and Creaney. Nothing i’ve Seen so far suggests anything other than history repeating itself.

 

if Kevin can get the side playing for 90min at Coatbridge  like they did for the last 10 min against Cove then he will get some breathing space. I fear for his future if we get another disjointed 90min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ray Vaughn said:

I thought that Greig and Skippy signed some players with decent ability but the reason they were basement players was their attitude which stank the dressing room out.

Dave MacKay signed players over the summer worse than he let go and was binned at the end of the 1st quarter. Will Kevin fall to the same fate? It is certainly clear we let Lee Hamilton go and signed Lowden and Creaney. Nothing i’ve Seen so far suggests anything other than history repeating itself.

 

if Kevin can get the side playing for 90min at Coatbridge  like they did for the last 10 min against Cove then he will get some breathing space. I fear for his future if we get another disjointed 90min.

IF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A narrow 2-1 defeat isn't the worst result against a team like Cove but the performance wasn't good enough. The manager admitted it in his post-match interview. You cannot afford to stand off players like Glass or Fyvie and that proved to be the case - their midfield dominated. I felt like Cove treated the game like a training exercise. Hartley's HT team talk must have lasted 5 minutes max before the Cove players came back out, chatted amongst themselves before some exercises. They definitely took their foot off the gas in the second half and I feel we could have lost by a bigger margin.

One positive is the signing of Duffy. You can tell he has played at a higher level previously and he will be an asset for us moving forward. I do feel once Jordan McGregor is back, we will look stronger at the back. Having him out injured along with McGeachie's suspension and playing players out of position really doesn't help the manager. 

Onwards and upwards. Hoping we can secure the signing of Bikey or someone on loan that can give the fans some excitement. It's a rubbish feeling to lose every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...