Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
gorilla

Albion Rovers v The Binos

Years ago, Chelsea played a team from Luxembourg (in the Intercity Fairs Cup, I think—there’s one for our older viewers!) who fielded a full-back with only one arm. Perhaps this could now be seen as an advantage in the modern game.

I'm going to have a Pete style rant here.

This rule was thought up by old fechers who likely haven't been on a football field since they were teenagers in the  1970's  and that was just to knock back a bottle of Eldorado. They don't care what mayhem they cause, haven't a clue and just swan about in their penguin suites, buying their mates drinks on expense accounts. I'd sack the lot. then hang them, then I'd sack them again after they were dead. 

God that felt good.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Offside said:

Not Buckie?

you have to understand, these were high class old fechers!

20 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

More likely EL Dorado or gold dust 

Or Four Crown, or Lanliq. You name it, I probably heaved it up.

Watching sportscene.  Aberdeen v ross county.  Ross county player hits a shot on target inside the box.  Hits Aberdeen player on the hand.  Penalty.  Yellow card.  Ref yesterday was a clown 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Robert Young said:

It's no' Bikey we're needing, It's superman.  The rag has been lost among the players and manager, by the looks of it. Shambolic!  It's going to be very difficult to dig ourselves out of this hole we've got ourselves into now.  

Shambolic!!! It certainly was'nt that, the lads put on a good peformance, even when unjustly put down to nine men, if they play like that for the rest of the season, no worries.

16 hours ago, Stoorie said:

Shambolic!!! It certainly wasn't that, the lads put on a good peformance, even when unjustly put down to nine men, if they play like that for the rest of the season, no worries.

IF? Yes. If they hadn't put on a better performance, that would have been it for KR for me, but they did. So he gets a chance in the next game to prove  it wasn't a one off and I'm ok with that. I could be proved wrong to be ok with it, we'll see. Nicol's sending off I've had to admit was correct. His intent was to go for a loose ball, not to foul anybody, but he did it with his studs up when a player was running in to challenge. You just can't do that and expect to remain on the field though. He needs to learn from it. 

The other sending off was a ridiculously harsh interpretation of the new rule and that's where our chances ended.. A rule which if intended to be interpreted that way when written, was written by people who have lost their minds. It's open season to just belt the ball at defenders and get one sent off as well as a penalty, if it hits a hand or an arm. That's beyond shambolic and into utter lunacy.

I don't think discipline went to pot either. I think even handed decision making went to pot. Kevin Nicol definitely needs to think on his sending off, but it wasn't a case of him losing the rag. We cut the players arms off and move on to the next refereeing lottery with an advantage.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Robert Young said:

It's no' Bikey we're needing, It's superman.  The rag has been lost among the players and manager, by the looks of it. Shambolic!  It's going to be very difficult to dig ourselves out of this hole we've got ourselves into now.  

Shambolic!!! It certainty was not that, in my opinion the lads played well enough, even when we unjustly went down to nine men, if we can play like for the rest of season no worries.

21 hours ago, Stoorie said:

Shambolic!!! It certainty was not that, in my opinion the lads played well enough, even when we unjustly went down to nine men, if we can play like for the rest of season no worries.

I accepted that I was wrong with my original post, and said as much with a later "humble pie" post.  See page 3 around 10 pm on Saturday evening. 

18 hours ago, Robert Young said:

I accepted that I was wrong with my original post, and said as much with a later "humble pie" post.  See page 3 around 10 pm on Saturday evening. 

Bob, If I'd been at home watching that come up on live scores media, I'd likely have made the same assumptions you and others did. Hell, mate even when there watching it, people were wrong about some things we "saw". Things can always look different when you get more information or another view angle.  I'm thinking of having my middle name changed to retraction by deed poll.

• Like 1