Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bino

Sorry Mr Turnbull.

I am told I upset Mr Turnbull by being mistaken in thinking he had stepped down from the board. Mr Turnbull, I publicly and sincerely apologize for the offending post.  I clearly bowled a no ball there and was on a sticky wicket when you were still at the crease. It was not my intention to leave you stumped and knocked for six. It must have been a terrible test for you when I crossed the boundary in suggesting your tenure had been run out. As know one bails me out of my errors when caught in the slips but myself, I repeat my apology. The mistake will have no second innings and never again will I make a post laced with terrible cricket analogies.

9 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

I am told I upset Mr Turnbull by being mistaken in thinking he had stepped down from the board. Mr Turnbull, I publicly and sincerely apologize for the offending post.  I clearly bowled a no ball there and was on a sticky wicket when you were still at the crease. It was not my intention to leave you stumped and knocked for six. It must have been a terrible test for you when I crossed the boundary in suggesting your tenure had been run out. As know one bails me out of my errors when caught in the slips but myself, I repeat my apology. The mistake will have no second innings and never again will I make a post laced with terrible cricket analogies.

Your defence is in Ashes!

11 hours ago, Darth Bino said:

A case of hitting one's wicket.  Couldn't get your leg over? :classic_rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Usherette said:

At Darth’s age? He would give it a Bye! 

6 hours ago, Usherette said:

Fell over my own stump.

2 hours ago, Robert Young said:

O.K. guys keep your helmets on, and avoid the beamers, or you could get one tickled down to long leg.

It’s about time contributions to this thread we’re over!

1 hour ago, Bobs said:

It’s about time contributions to this thread we’re over!

Aye cos too many of them are wide of the mark 

1 minute ago, Offside said:

Aye cos too many of them are wide of the mark 

Problem is that some contributors have No Balls!

11 hours ago, Bobs said:

Problem is that some contributors have No Balls!

They do say that Hitler only had one ball. Goring had two, but very small, Himmler had only similar and Goebbels had no balls at all. The Nazis just never played cricket.

5 hours ago, Darth Bino said:

They do say that Hitler only had one ball. Goring had two, but very small, Himmler had only similar and Goebbels had no balls at all. The Nazis just never played cricket.

Ah the songs of a misspent youth.