Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bino

The return of Dylan Nguene Bikey.

No longer speculation and surely worthy of it's own thread, Facebook is alive with it. The Bikey has been landed. I'd heard the rumours. Seen the UK flag tweet. Wasn't sure what to believe. I did know the club had kept in touch with Dylan and I'm sure people will be curious to know who approached who. Dylan has made a touching tweet about coming home, which suggests the player is back because this is where he wanted to be. He's also posted a photo of himself cutting a fine dash in a Binos strip and what a welcome sight that is. I thank all involved in bringing this about and hope and pray he can play a big part in racking some points up. Welcome back Dylan, welcome home son.

• Like 3

Absolutely love everything about this signing, he clearly wanted to come to us, his twitter message suggests he belongs at home with us, someone who wants to play for the badge. Welcome home Dylan 

I get all the Hype about him but will he be worth it? Is he still the same player he was on his first spell here? there’s got to be a reason he never made it elsewhere or did the move to hearts deflate his confidence before he returned to us as he wasn’t the same player returning then.  

Glad to see the effort made to get him back just hope he lives up to the expectation some have for him, hopefully he finds the net early on to give himself and us the boost we need. 

I’ve had enough of the negative waves. He is a natural talent, he has signed, he is going to make a real difference and Albion Rovers (and others) are going to suffer. 

Well done SB and the Board. 

• Like 3

Wish him all the best in his 3rd spell at the Club, just what we need at this point in time someone who`s pacy and cause defences problems. Timely boost to the strike force at the moment and hopefully he recreates the form from his first spell with the Club and if he does that will put him in the shop window for a move to a bigger club. 

Suddenly things are looking a bit brighter at Forthbank, long may it continue. 

6 hours ago, Binoboy said:

Is he still the same player he was on his first spell here? there’s got to be a reason he never made it elsewhere or did the move to hearts deflate his confidence before he returned to us as he wasn’t the same player returning then.  

I can’t answer these questions directly, only time and Bikey can say for sure, but what I can now say is that he has had at least 4 training sessions with the First Team and I wouldn’t be too surprised to find there had been some kind of closed door/Development Squad game played as well. From the training, and potentially a game, KR has seen enough to believe that Bikey will still be a good addition to the squad. Remember Dave Mackay called him a rough diamond, who knows, maybe the roughness has now been removed and he is coming back a better player, who knows. What we do know is that every sign is a risk but we have resigned someone who has already proven he can tear this league apart and improve our options going forward and score goals, I would say that’s worth being excited about.

5 hours ago, Bobs said:

I’ve had enough of the negative waves. He is a natural talent, he has signed, he is going to make a real difference and Albion Rovers (and others) are going to suffer. 

Well done SB and the Board. 

I’ll drink to that 👏🏻

Do I expect Dylan to bang in 9 goals or so in his first 9 games?  No I don't. That's too high a level of expectation to hang round his neck. He's fast, can take chances and provide assists though, so what's not to like?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The West Stand said:

International clearance granted. Albion Rovers dont know what's going to hit them 

Cool.  Imagine us having to wait for international clearance for a player... 

Great to have Dylan back home and let's hope he's the missing ingredient that gets this team moving in the right direction.  

4 hours ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Cool.  Imagine us having to wait for international clearance for a player... 

Great to have Dylan back home and let's hope he's the missing ingredient that gets this team moving in the right direction.  

I knew we would get involved in Europe somehow.  Good that we got it done before Brexit!

1 hour ago, Robert Young said:

I knew we would get involved in Europe somehow.  Good that we got it done before Brexit!

We could see the first manned landing on Mars before Brexit, but hi diddle dee dee Bikey's back for free.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth Bino said:

We could see the first manned landing on Mars before Brexit, but hi diddle dee dee Bikey's back for free.

Just make sure that Bikey fills in the right forms so that he can legally stay here after Brexit, whenever that is!

Well done to all those involved in getting this deal done. Dylan is an exciting unpredictable player who will cause opposing team’s problems in the short-term. He will also create a bit more space for other players to hopefully flourish. 

Well we saw dylan for about 15 minutes or so on saturday.  Not match fit and not much of a game to make your (third) debut.

But the one time he got the ball on the left and sped past one defender and through the next suggested he may be a force to be reckoned with in this division when hes up to speed.  

3 hours ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Well we saw dylan for about 15 minutes or so on saturday.  Not match fit and not much of a game to make your (third) debut.

But the one time he got the ball on the left and sped past one defender and through the next suggested he may be a force to be reckoned with in this division when hes up to speed.  

Loved his attitude. Over shaking hands with the fans before the start. Patting the badge to the fans at the end. Determined as hell on the park, like every other player in the side.. If he gets up to any more speed I'd enter him in the Powderhall sprint.  He actually blew past 4 of them on the left, but got pulled up by fannybaws, for winning a tackle by toastie no 3.  That is the same ref who's decisions Jim McInally described as "incomprehensible for 90 minutes  when Peterhead played Edinburgh City. According to McInally, he sent off Andy Black for a foul, then awarded a throw in??? Now that's a fannybaws.

3 hours ago, Darth Bino said:

Loved his attitude. Over shaking hands with the fans before the start. Patting the badge to the fans at the end. Determined as hell on the park, like every other player in the side.. If he gets up to any more speed I'd enter him in the Powderhall sprint.  He actually blew past 4 of them on the left, but got pulled up by fannybaws, for winning a tackle by toastie no 3.  That is the same ref who's decisions Jim McInally described as "incomprehensible for 90 minutes  when Peterhead played Edinburgh City. According to McInally, he sent off Andy Black for a foul, then awarded a throw in??? Now that's a fannybaws.

did we not sign the winner of the Powderhall sprint about 60 years ago. McNeil? 

8 hours ago, Bobs said:

did we not sign the winner of the Powderhall sprint about 60 years ago. McNeil? 

Not as long as that ago, but yes we did Bobs. 

20 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

Not as long as that ago, but yes we did Bobs. 

Apparently he is still around.  Fair burst of speed but he didn’t have Bikey’s ball control

21 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Apparently he is still around.  Fair burst of speed but he didn’t have Bikey’s ball control

Sounds about right. I've got a vague idea that he was an early Alex Smith years signing, but not sure at all.

George McNeill was his name. Google showing he played for Hibs and Morton before joining us for the 68/69 season.

2 hours ago, gmca said:

George McNeill was his name. Google showing he played for Hibs and Morton before joining us for the 68/69 season.

Could run like buggery down the wing but he couldn't cross a coupon.  Not much has changed since.

3 hours ago, gmca said:

Geez, didn't think it was that far back, that's the Willie McFarlane as manager era isn't it?  McNeil must have stopped for a sandwich in Hawick or something.