Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

St Mirren Colts v The Binos

Well after 5 defeats in a row in the League, we have a break from League action as we head to The Simply Digital Arena in Paisley to face St Mirren Colts in the 3rd round of the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup. 

First visit for us to this Stadium opened 10 years ago and hopefully at 4.50 it will be a happy one as we progress to the next round of this prestigious competition. 😂

Don't know what sort of line up we will have due to injuries and possible suspensions but hopefully whatever team we put out on Saturday hope its good enough to beat St Mirren Colts. 

Prediction St Mirren Colts 1 Binos 3  Dylan Bikey to open his account for us. 😀

The enthusiasm for this tie is underwhelming on here. I had a very shaky day on my feet yesterday and will be resting.  I would like to hope for he best for the fans, the players, the board and the manager. Everybody's suffering and fingers crossed today will be different.

22 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Binnie in goals

Back 4 of creaney, mcgregor, banner and truesdale

Heaver wide right, bikey wide left, docherty and jardine in the middle

Peter's and wright up top

McLean not mcgregor 

HT 0-0

Played ok and have been the better team.  A few half chances and a couple of good saves from the saints keeper.  

Have looked mostly solid at the back.  Banner and McLean have been good.

Jardine is doing well and weve had flashes of what bikey might do when hes fit.  Hes looked a wee bit off the pace and isn't doing much tracking back.

1 hour ago, Mr grumpy said:

Meet the manager will be interesting 

You can say that again, must be at the last chance saloon. Elgin game could be the tipping point, if we don’t get anything then Board must surely give him the bullet. 

Does a point or 3 points against Elgin really change anything?  Some may hope he can turn things around, but does anyone out their believe he actually can??  

KR talked about a mini season for the next 4 games, which kinda sounds as if he knows (or has been told) results need to be much better or he'll be gone.

Going out of this cup is fairly unimportant, and it was far from our strongest team, but it's worrying that we can't win when we seem to have been the better team. Think that affects players' mentality, which can only improve by winning a couple of games on the trot, preferably starting next week.

14 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

Some may hope he can turn things around, but does anyone out their believe he actually can??  

I was in the hoped, wished and prayed he could turn it around category but after today, i’m not sure.

I know it’s a meaningless cup (one that I don’t hide that I will continue to boycott until the Colt teams are removed) however, when you are routed at the bottom of League 2, it’s not the time to change the squad to give people game time. Looking at the line up today, that’s exactly KR did, and in my opinion it back fired.

We should be looking at building cohesion to take into the league, the time for giving competitive game time to fringe or returning players will come, but let’s start winning games first, buy yourself time and get a bit of belief amongst the place.

As a result, there is more doubt than ever, I can’t believe we are in this position once again 😔

• Like 3

With far from our strongest team we were comfortable the better side but lost to what was their first attack of any purpose. Banner who strolled the game with a poor clearance and boom! Fairly sure had the ball dropped to the edge of their box we wouldn’t have scored! 

Felt Heaver offered something and Crainey was excellent. Jardine showed some quality but like too much of our play with little end product. Max Wright finally did some good things early jn the second half but I still can’t see why he was playing, nowhere near good enough! Peters was also anonymous throughout the second half!

I get that the manager wanted to try and give a few others game time but surely winning for confidence would have been useful? We aren’t far away, but we are losing every week and the longer that goes on the harder it becomes!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

Can anyone who was there tell me why my panic level shouldn't go to Def Con 1?

Thanks, sorted now.