Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Fuctoff

Meet the manager/board

Couldn’t see the point. 

Watched the fireworks at the monument instead, unlike these type of meetings they are guaranteed to provide more light than heat!

Didn't go. Already met the Board. (except Mr Turnbull :classic_blush:)  Met the manager as well. Don't doubt the desire of any to succeed. Don't think anything I've got to say on why they haven't so far would be seen as ultimate wisdom and that's fair enough. I'm waiting for the results to do the talking. That's personal and not a dig at anybody who attended. Except Doyle, who I'd dig at just for being Doyle.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Heard from a friend of a friend that the old trust board got slated and one of them was there, tried to reply, got shot down. 

What I heard happened was this. Doyle,  who was never a trust board member, went after the board over appointing three rookies in a row. Stuart Brown pointed out that he had persuaded Alan Moore to apply for the job and the old trust board refused to consider his application.  Mattie Hollingworth, who had been on the old trust board, then said, there's two sides to that. Stuart came back with, Moore would have taken the job if he'd been offered it , he wasn't because you blocked it, so you got Mackay.  Stuart Brown win by a knockout.

Not totally word for word, but if anybody who was there thinks that's too far off the mark, feel free to set the record straight.

1 hour ago, Darth Bino said:

What I heard happened was this. Doyle,  who was never a trust board member, went after the board over appointing three rookies in a row. Stuart Brown pointed out that he had persuaded Alan Moore to apply for the job and the old trust board refused to consider his application.  Mattie Hollingworth, who had been on the old trust board, then said, there's two sides to that. Stuart came back with, Moore would have taken the job if he'd been offered it , he wasn't because you blocked it, so you got Mackay.  Stuart Brown win by a knockout.

Not totally word for word, but if anybody who was there thinks that's too far off the mark, feel free to set the record straight.

Going over old ground is pointless.  We need to move on 

4 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Going over old ground is pointless.  We need to move on 

You should write that to your MP :classic_rolleyes: