Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

The Binos v The Warriors

Well its the first local derby of the season on Saturday and for both clubs its an important game this early in the season. 

For Stenny 4 points above us they go into this match without a manager, and having Davie Irons in temporary charge its a game they will be looking to take something from. 

We on the other hand are 2nd bottom of the League 1 point ahead of bottom club Brechin City whom we face away next week so its vital we get the win and the 3 points.

Our biggest problem this season is scoring goals with only 3 goals in 7 games. Lets hope this Saturday we can put a couple in the net otherwise if results elsewhere go against we could be at the bottom come 4.50. 

Prediction Binos 2 Warriors 0         🙏

Update Davie Irons now appointed manager at Stenny on a full time basis. Just hope they do not get the new manager bounce on Saturday. 

I may live to regret this but I honestly don’t see many goals in this match, which is surprising as I tipped Stenny to win the league during pre-season, as I felt in McGuigan & Hopkirk they had 2 players that would score over 20 goals between them.

We’ve started to get our season back on track with a win and a draw in our last 2 games, but it’s worrying to think we have only scored 3 goals thus far. 

Against Elgin, the quartet of Duffy, Bikey, Peters and Jardine were excellent until Peters went off injured and Bikey ran out of steam, but the signs were there to see and you live in hope that they can click enough to start creating opportunities and scoring goals.

Let’s hope there is no new manager bounce for The Warriors and we can get another positive result as Elgin & Stenny are the 2 teams we need to catch, and Elgin face Brechin. It’s bad enough being in this position, never mind being slightly isolated with Brechin.

18 hours ago, chuckitphilliben said:

I thought we had seen the last of Irons.  Not a popular figure iirc 

Think that was with a section of Morton fans more than Stenny, if I remember correctly, although brief, he did a good job being there the last time. 

What silence here!

Anyway, probably a deserved outcome for persevering in a much improved second half display.

Well we manage to salvage a point near the end with a goal from Sean Heaver but it looked like we were heading for another 1-0 defeat. Felt we were a bit unfortunate their keeper pulled off a couple of good saves from Heaver and Bikey to deny us a win and not forgetting a penalty claim in the 1st half which the ref turned down. Did not see much from Stenny as a attacking force but they went ahead in the 1st half with one of their few attacks. 

2nd half we created a couple of good chances but their keeper kept them in the game and it was just reward for our efforts that we got the equaliser. Unfortunately due to a late winner at Brechin for the home side we are now bottom 1 point below Brechin and Elgin. Could be quite a game next week at Glebe Park. 

It went pretty much as I expected it to go. You could say we should have got a penalty. You could say we weren't getting a break of the ball, until we finally did and Heaver stuck the equalizer away. It was largely so much of what we've been already seen. Much work to no result. The ball given away too frequently, over hit  crosses and getting caught napping to go a goal down. 

Wilson's substitution was well overdue, as he was quite bluntly having a "mare."   Heaver's determination and control on the ball was a sharp contrast to the man he replaced  and it made a difference. We still only play for 15 to 20 minutes out of 90 though if even that? and that's not enough. You could say, yeah but it's 3 games unbeaten though, but it's still one win out of 8 matches. If it gets to 1 win out of 9, am I really supposed to be ok with it?   I said last week it needs to get a lot better and soon.  I'm not seeing it and my patience is wearing thin.

Edited by Darth Bino
edit
  • Like 1

am in a much better place and determined . not to upset posters buy going on rants .as to today a turgid 90 mins thankfully altered by a inspired  idea off putting two attacking wide men on and pushing bikey from inefective midfield to get up the park . i cant fault players for effort . but the dearth off quality is there to see darryl duffy looks lost and no surprise he was hooked . next week is massive for me and major question marks will be there if we fail to win  the crazy situation is we have three teams running away and the rest are taking points off each other hence were bottom though only 4 points off a play off place 

verdict is still open on the manager .would the board have had a call to make had we lost . we dont know . a point has bought him probably a bit off time with three home games to come . but for the majority today was really poor with plenty off effort but little quality and we look a million miles away from promotion candidates 

3 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

verdict is still open on the manager 

I can help with that. Either he comes back from Brechin with 3 points, or he walks. No excuses.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

I can help with that. Either he comes back from Brechin with 3 points, or he walks. No excuses.

Could end up 4 points behind at the bottom if we lose and Elgin win, the Board would then have to make a decision of whether to get rid of him or give him more time. But if results don’t improve then he has to go. Can’t afford to let the gap between ourselves and the rest of the League become to big. 

8 minutes ago, Bino2014 said:

Could end up 4 points behind at the bottom if we lose and Elgin win, the Board would then have to make a decision of whether to get rid of him or give him more time. But if results don’t improve then he has to go. Can’t afford to let the gap between ourselves and the rest of the League become to big. 

It's getting like waiting for Godot. Much chat, but he ain't coming.  More time for more of the same isn't an option. Prove he can at least win that one away from home, or start packing.

16 minutes ago, Bino2014 said:

People might want to start taking an interest in Queens Park results. They could go bottom some point soon.

• Like 1

Have to say that I felt a point each was a fair result for both teams although Stenny might be the more disappointed tonight as they appeared to be on easy streak and let us back into the game.

Frustrating first half, with 2 clear penalties being turned down, which then followed an error strewn First Half by the ref, however that shouldn’t cover up the abject performance by most of the Stirling players and it really was only a matter of time before Stenny scored.

Willie Gibson is a clever player, and strolled the half, but when you let him cut across the front of the 18 yard box unchallenged and leave a man unmarked out wide then you are inevitably asking for trouble and there was no surprise when the header was guided past Currie.

Take away the Defence, I wasn’t quite sure who was playing where in the First Half as there seemed to be no really structure.

Second Half was a huge improvement and, in my view, the subs along with moving Bikey out wide changed the game. Stenny seemed happy just to sit in and let us pressure them, in truth, you could see where they were coming from because we were pretty hopeless for long period of the game and the Stenny back 4 never seemed like conceding.

I’ve not seen Sean Heaver play before, but goal aside, I was really impressed with what I saw, he was so positive and did more in the 20 minutes or so than I’ve seen some players do all season. As we started to get a foot hold of the game, the frustrations from the Stenny Director(s) could be heard all around us and when Cammy Thomson was introduced, it was clear we had the momentum.

Smith was fortunate with a save from Heaver and did well with efforts from Bikey and Hawke, but once Heaver scored, we could have possibly went on to win the game but that would have been harsh on Stenny.

It was a well earned point in the end, as I said above, a fair reflection on the game, a half each, but we’ve got to find a way of turning these 20 minute performances into full 90 minutes.

Question marks remain about some of the ball retention and sloppy passes that we simply give away, Kevin Nicoll being the biggest culprit, and we were pretty turgid for a big part of the match. However, being a glass half full type of guy, you have to say well done to the players for getting out of the mess and pulling a point out the bag, it’s just unfortunate for us that Brechin pulled a winner out of the bag to send us bottom.

I don’t think it’s time to panic just yet, but I’m sure everyone at the club would acknowledge that things have to change, I honestly don’t think we are a million miles away from that, but if we can find a way of playing for 90+ minutes, then the task will be so much easier.

It’s going to be bum twitching time next week 😬

1 hour ago, Darth Bino said:

Really?! I might have had too many 🍻 to work out the numbers correctly, but I think he could get a draw & come back 3 points off p/o place with 27 games to go. 

If his target is to get us promotion, then a mega harsh call to bin him in that position.

Surely wrong to say - 3 points or the sack?

19 minutes ago, Buster said:

moving Bikey out wide changed the game.

Smith was fortunate with a save from Heaver and did well with efforts from Bikey and Hawke, but once Heaver scored, we could have possibly went on to win the game but that would have been harsh on Stenny.

Question marks remain about some of the ball retention and sloppy passes that we simply give away, Kevin Nicoll being the biggest culprit, 

I’m sure everyone at the club would acknowledge that things have to change, I honestly don’t think we are a million miles away from that, 

It’s going to be bum twitching time next week 😬

Why did he not start Bikey out wide?  Why did he start Danny out wide?  Why did it take so long to do anything about it, or recognize that Wilson wasn't doing a job?  Why? why? why? why?

To be fair to Kevin Nicol, he generally tries to find a man with the ball rather than just hoof and hope. That occasionally results in the ball getting pinched off his toe. Always more likely when Stenny excelled at giving us no time on the ball all over the park.

I don't see us getting any closer either mate, which is why bums are entitled to twitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete 123 said:

we look a million miles away from promotion candidates 

It only looks like that cos we’re looking at our own team & we’re all mega pissed off & disappointed. But reality is that the LG is full of shite - so we’re only a bad hair, not a million miles, from promotion candidates 

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

Really?! I might have had too many 🍻 to work out the numbers correctly, but I think he could get a draw & come back 3 points off p/o place with 27 games to go. 

If his target is to get us promotion, then a mega harsh call to bin him in that position.

Surely wrong to say - 3 points or the sack?

You don't get promoted winning 1 game out of every 9. If he can do better than that, he can prove it on Saturday. If he can't, then no mate, I don't think it's wrong to bin him.

• Like 1

I would have given KR his jotters at half time. Baffled why you would play Bikey in the middle and I wish he would give Thomson a run in the team. Nicoll is a walking red card, are there no other defensive midfielders at the club. Heaver and Bikey seem to be on the same wavelength, a glimmer of hope.

Quite impressive to start the 8th game of the season with no league goal scorers in the team. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

You don't get promoted winning 1 game out of every 9. If he can do better than that, he can prove it on Saturday. If he can't, then no mate, I don't think it's wrong to bin him.

Yeah, I get that point

15 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

Why did he not start Bikey out wide?  Why did he start Danny out wide?  Why did it take so long to do anything about it, or recognize that Wilson wasn't doing a job?  Why? why? why? why?

Only KR can answer those questions mate, but let me try.....although it’s total guess work.

- I think he went with a diamond at first and thought that Bikey through the middle would get on the end of Duffy and Hawke knock downs, and witha rather slow Stenny Defence, he could run through the middle and split them, freeing up space.

- Again, he went with a diamond and wanted to fit Danny in, decided that was the best way.

- Hhmmmm, not sure I would agree with that mate. He shifted to 4-3-3, noticed that it wasn’t happening for Duffy & Wilson and changed it there after.

He never started the same team that I would have picked, however I think after arguably getting it wrong, he did rectify it and you have to give credit where it’s due on that one.

5 minutes ago, Foggy said:

I wish he would give Thomson a run in the team.

Yeah, don’t get what Thomson has to do to get a run it’s an odd one.

6 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yeah, I get that point

How about this one. If he gets a draw his best sequence will be 1 win in 4. Unbeaten in it yes, but 6 points dropped for every 6 won. You don't get promoted like that. You also have to assume that other teams will improve as the season goes on. Even early strugglers. If you do a Berwick and you don't assume that and you don't improve yourself, then not getting promotion is the least of your worries.  

4 minutes ago, Buster said:

Only KR can answer those questions mate, but let me try.....although it’s total guess work.

- I think he went with a diamond at first and thought that Bikey through the middle would get on the end of Duffy and Hawke knock downs, and witha rather slow Stenny Defence, he could run through the middle and split them, freeing up space.

- Again, he went with a diamond and wanted to fit Danny in, decided that was the best way.

- Hhmmmm, not sure I would agree with that mate. He shifted to 4-3-3, noticed that it wasn’t happening for Duffy & Wilson and changed it there after.

He never started the same team that I would have picked, however I think after arguably getting it wrong, he did rectify it and you have to give credit where it’s due on that one.

Yeah, don’t get what Thomson has to do to get a run it’s an odd one.

How could it be 4-3-3 with Bikey out wide mate?

The team looked like it wanted to start 4-3-3, but shifted to a 4-diamond-2 very quickly with Bikey behind the forwards. It then changed to a flat 4-4-2 (Bikey wide) before finally going 4-3-3 then finishing 4-2-4. I’m not sure how many of these changes were manager led and how many were players doing it themselves though.

• Like 1

PS. It must have been a Sydney Ruffdiamond from Carry on up the Khyber then Mate. When it was all going to pot out there, the governor was having tiffin.

5 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

How could it be 4-3-3 with Bikey out wide mate?

1 minute ago, The Gray Man said:

The team looked like it wanted to start 4-3-3, but shifted to a 4-diamond-2 very quickly with Bikey behind the forwards. It then changed to a flat 4-4-2 (Bikey wide) before finally going 4-3-3 then finishing 4-2-4. I’m not sure how many of these changes were manager led and how many were players doing it themselves though.

Thanks @The Gray Man, that’s how I saw it, certainly kicked off the 2nd Half 4-3-3 and Bikey was left of a front 3.