Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

Brechin City v The Binos

Crunch game for us this Saturday as we head to Glebe Park to take on Brechin City who are 1 point ahead of us in the League. 

Game is important for both teams and with a bit of luck we could pick up our first away win of the season. 

Need to start the game like we played the last 15 mins or so to get anything from this game as I’m sure Brechin will fancy their chances at home. 

If we can do that then will take home the points and if we do not then the gap between ourselves and the likes of Brechin, Elgin could grow to 4 points. 

Can’t see many goals in this game but hopefully we can score 1 more than Brechin. 

Prediction Brechin City 0 Binos 1.  🙏

We’ve simply got to win, think it would be a disaster to slip 4 points behind Brechin and potentially Elgin, especially when the preseason goal was promotion.

I have faith we can do it, the scores against Elgin. Annan & Stenny have been positive and I hope for everyone involved with the club that we are turning the corner.

8 hours ago, Buster said:

We’ve simply got to win, think it would be a disaster to slip 4 points behind Brechin and potentially Elgin, especially when the preseason goal was promotion.

I have faith we can do it, the scores against Elgin. Annan & Stenny have been positive and I hope for everyone involved with the club that we are turning the corner.

Buster I hope you are right

Hopefully we get something here today but we have a number of injuries, Dylan Bikey is rated doubtful if reports are true for today, that would be a big loss up front. Still fingers crossed that we get our first away win of the season and get off the bottom. :classic_smile:

Posted (edited)

Let’s see if we start the game at the same time as the opposition this week. 

It’s a concern that we fanny about aimlessly until an adverse incident wakes us up. 

Wont be there today (got given a whisky festival ticket) which means my phones refresh button will take a pounding from 3pm

c’mon Binos... tear down the hedge!

Edited by J19

1-1 draw but we could have got a late winner but their keeper got a hand to it and touched it onto the bar. 

Really should have won this game but once again we fall short. 😕

Still bottom 1 point behind Brechin. .

1 minute ago, The West Stand said:

First quarter finished

1 win. Last season we had 2 and MacKay left. Is KR touching on sacking territory now? 

Probably not while we're on a 4 match unbeaten run.  If we lose in the next couple of games, it could well be.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Buster said:

I hope for everyone involved with the club that we are turning the corner.

10 hours ago, Bobs said:

Buster I hope you are right

It’s the hope that kills you @Bobs, didn’t go today (still no money after being made redundant) but since switching elegance’s 17 years ago to follow this club (I was raised a Dunfermline fan), i’ve never felt this flat and deflated, which is why I lived in hope that the corner was turning, but now i’m Not sure. Sorry folks.

Edited by Buster

14 minutes ago, The West Stand said:

First quarter finished

1 win. Last season we had 2 and MacKay left. Is KR touching on sacking territory now? 

If we don’t get at least 4 points in the next 2 home games then he has to go. Can’t afford to finish bottom. 

Posted (edited)

Listen, I haven't been to a game since the opening against Queen's Park because of where I live... But, we need to take a step back for a moment. 

Yes, it's been a shocking start to the season. However, there are some positives that should be noted. 

- Defensive Record. We've got the second best defensive record in the League having conceded only 9 goals. We've only conceded more than a single goal in 2 League games - and we haven't lost a game by a margin greater than a single goal. 

4 Games Unbeaten. A streak is a streak. Of course we'd all prefer if it was 4 wins, but it shows we have a team that, at the very least, can compete. 

Changing the manager this evening would be nothing more than disruptive based on the current form. So while I'm not suggesting everything is rosie, there are certainly some things to be hopeful about. 

We're 2 wins away from the play-off spots. It's important to keep that in mind. 

The next 6 League games will of course be very revealing. They include home fixtures against Albion Rovers, Annan and Brechin. We MUST win at least two of these. 

So I'd say 5pm on the 7th December following the Brechin game is the time to review the current situation and ask whether or not more drastic action needs to be taken. It would give us enough time to get someone else in place, in time for the transfer window opening (not that we have any cash to spend). 

But I'm really hoping all of this will be academic and we'll all be singing Kevin's praises while looking forward to a Merry Christmas! 

Edited by Ross the Boss

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bino2014 said:

If we don’t get at least 4 points in the next 2 home games then he has to go. Can’t afford to finish bottom. 

A few weeks back, most people were saying he had 4 games to get us back on track, in that time we beat Elgin and drew with Annan, Stenhousemuir & Brechin. Fair play many would say, but is another 2 games (against Cowdenbeath & Albion Rovers) going to show us anything else?

10 games gone and we are so far removed from being a Play Off/Promotion team, it’s frightening. Everyone needs to do more than what’s happening, whether that’s with or without KR.

Edited by Buster

4 minutes ago, Buster said:

A few weeks back, most people were saying he had 4 games to get us back on track, in that time we beat Elgin and drew with Annan, Stenhousemuir & Brechin. 

Had you told us we would have scored 3, conceded 2 and taken 6 points - I think most of us would have said 'deal'. 

Like I disclaim, I haven't been to the games, so maybe you think this is all flattering to deceive. 

The team are not really much worse off than before this game was played. Still not lost a game by +2 goals. 27 games still to play and 81 points up for grabs.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

• Like 1

KR has a 29% win rate since taking charge!    What will another 2 games tell us? Statistically he is likely to win one even with his atrocious record.  That’s not improvement, that’s accepting crap standards! Stop looking for positives when there aren’t any.

Time is up!

Dave MacKay was fired with a win rate of 38% whilst in charge!

Martyn Corrigan wasn’t wanted with a win rate of 40%

Are we waiting for KR to reach Stuart McLarens win rate of 26% before he is fired?

He isn’t good enough! Time to move on!!!

4 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

KR has a 29% win rate since taking charge!    What will another 2 games tell us? Statistically he is likely to win one even with his atrocious record.  That’s not improvement, that’s accepting crap standards! Stop looking for positives when there aren’t any.

Time is up!

KR is not the problem, it’s the structure of the club. You could sack KR tonight and we will  be having the exact same conversation at this time next season. Stuart Brown has also stated how finance is an issue. Unless the playing budget can be increased you are going to still be attracting the same quality of player. 

20 minutes ago, The Gray Man said:

KR is not the problem, it’s the structure of the club. You could sack KR tonight and we will  be having the exact same conversation at this time next season

No we won’t because if nothing is done we will be in the lowland league.  Yes the club structure needs fixed, and this needs addressed at board level to take the club forward.  But the board have supplied the extra funds for Duffy and Bikey, so we cannot use the budget excuse.  We have arguably the best keeper in the league but are in last place. KR is a crap manager.  If anyone backs him, they need to stop drinking 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr grumpy said:

No we won’t because if nothing is done we will be in the lowland league.  Yes the club structure needs fixed, and this needs addressed at board level to take the club forward.  But the board have supplied the extra funds for Duffy and Bikey, so we cannot use the budget excuse.  We have arguably the best keeper in the league but are in last place. KR is a crap manager.  If anyone backs him, they need to stop drinking 

Have to agree with this, the last 3 games should have been the foundation to build on, and meeting a poor Brechin side today should have been the point where we kick on, it’s not happened and again we are talking about would of, could of, should of. If you’re not worried then i’m flabbergasted.

From my viewpoint everyone in this league is pish. We just judge our team harshly because we watch them every week. 

The league table will back this up. Despite not winning we are close to where we expect to end the season ( top four)

the last manager had me thinking we were doomed, miles off the pace and second best in every game. I defy even mr grumpy to say the same of this season. 

At the risk of being called a happy clapper ( and bearing in mind I missed today’s game ) give it time. Changing horses mid stream again might be so disruptive we end up worse off. 

• Like 1