Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Craigy

Forthbank pitch use

I see we are one of the venues for Scotland 17s games at the end of the month, including the Tuesday Friday before Cowdenbeath & Monday after. Great that our wee ground is recognised and suitable for these events but this could destroy the pitch for the season. Can you imagine what 3 games in 4 days would have done to it this weekend?! 

Point taken Craigy.

By way of explanation, I’ve agreed a trade off with Active Stirling. 

Last season we had three regular users of Forthbank; ourselves, Stirling Uni and Motherwell Reserves, which meant that for a good number of weeks throughout the winter there were three games on the pitch - Saturday, midweek, Saturday. 

With Motherwell having been removed from the equation, finances had to be balanced. 

A smaller number of high profile UEFA/SFA/SWFA fixtures more than achieves that and is very likely to mean we don’t have additional fixtures between November and at least mid March, when the weather is at its worst and there’s no grass growth. 

Not ideal but finance has to play a part and I’m confident we’ll be in a much better place with the pitch this season than last.   

Stuart 

• Like 3