Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

The Binos v Strathspey Thistle

Scottish Cup 2nd Round on Saturday and we welcome Strathspey Thistle from the Highland League to Forthbank. 

On paper this should be a game we will win and hopefully this will prove to be the case and we move into the 3rd Round. 

Strathspey Thistle on their first visit to Forthbank are in 12th spot in the Highland League and have not been in great form recently, having lost 4 of their last 5 games and drawing 1 so we should be too good for them on the day. 

Just hope for a decent performance and a few goals would be nice on Saturday. 😀

Prediction Binos 3 Strathspey Thistle 0      

• Like 1

as bad as weve been this is as close to a banker as any team can get . if we dont win tommorrow    with plenty to spare then kr really is up the creek wthout a paddle straspey are where they are because their rubbish end off. they even contrived to lose to fort william the worst club in british football . nope comfortable win 5-0 anything less will be humailation on a grand scale worse than gala result 

would be good to see a decent turn out . espicially with price reduction to 12 though i think they could have gone 10 an 6 . i know this is a nod to season tickets holders who have to pay for this game hope weathers decent though rain forecast heavy in the morning light showers afternoon . hope the fans turn out from granton know its a fair distance . but as said their cup final enjoy 

47 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

nope comfortable win 5-0 anything less will be humailation on a grand scale worse than gala result 

You think, say, a  4-0 or a 5-1 win would go down as “humiliation on a grand scale”?!

Edited by Offside

1 minute ago, Offside said:

You think, say, a  4-0 or a 5-1 win would go down as “humiliation on a grand scale”?!

sorry if om confusing you mate whay im saying is if we dont win this tie by at least 5 at home against probably one off the poorest teams in the sixth tier off scottish football then we do have problems 

Any sort of win will do. The better the performance & the more goals the better, but this is a team who need to win. Can’t recall the last time we beat a non league team comfortably at Forthbank?! 

As much as I have felt we have done ok in recent games anything other than a win tomorrow and I’d be surprised to see Rutkiewicz in the dugout again! 

I really don't care about the result as long as we win and are in the draw for the 3rd round on Sunday. Saying that though i would be expecting a comfortable win here but we are stirling and we don't do things easy!

Confidence is quite fragile so I can see this being quite fraught if we go behind.

Having said that there have been positive signs recently and the players have had a week off and we clearly have players with enough ability to get a win

All depends on attitude really especially if things go wrong - as they have repeatedly this term.

So let's see us stick to the game plan, enjoy the day and avoid daft red cards (looking at you kevin nicol).

A win and a place in the third round would do nicely 

4 hours ago, Offside said:

This will be Strathspey Thistle’s Cup Final. They’ll be up for it. Will we?

We better be ! if we lose to this team then KR MUST GO. Simply put we should have more than enough to see off Strathspey Thistle. Don't want another Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale result.  That was bad enough without losing to a bottom half Highland League team at home. 

16 hours ago, pete 123 said:

if we dont win tomorrow  with plenty to spare then kr really is up the creek wthout a paddle .... comfortable win 5-0 anything less will be humailation on a grand scale

15 hours ago, pete 123 said:

sorry if om confusing you mate whay im saying is if we dont win this tie by at least 5 at home against probably one off the poorest teams in the sixth tier off scottish football then we do have problems 

Back to your sensationalist bullshit again. Firstly, Strathspey play in the fifth tier of Scottish football only one tier below the mighty Stirling who are sitting bottom of the forth tier.

Any kind of win in a competition that Stirling are never going to win will do. To be honest I don’t even think performance matters to much in cup games either, so it can be as scrappy at you like. Today is an opportunity for everyone to get away from the pressures of the league and everything that’s gone on so far this season.

Putting +5 goals on a managers head for any game is just plain wrong, especially when attacking play is the major problem this season. I guess you already know this though, but your the kind of person who once decides you want a manager gone you won’t settle till it eventually happens. It seems you’ve learned nothing from your ban. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gray Man said:

Back to your sensationalist bullshit again. Firstly, Strathspey play in the fifth tier of Scottish football only one tier below the mighty Stirling who are sitting bottom of the forth tier.

Strathspey don't play in the 5th tier of Scottish Football they play in the 6th tier. The Lowland League is the 5th tier and any Highland League team which is hoping to play in the SPFL will have to win this League and the playoffs to get into League 2. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bino2014 said:

Strathspey don't play in the 5th tier of Scottish Football they play in the 6th tier. The Lowland League is the 5th tier and any Highland League team which is hoping to play in the SPFL will have to win this League and the playoffs to get into League 2. 

Highland & Lowland Leagues of equal standing in the Scottish football pyramid. Joint 5th tier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Offside said:

Highland & Lowland Leagues of equal standing in the Scottish football pyramid. Joint 5th tier. 

If that is the case then why do Highland League Clubs need to playoff with the Lowland League winners to get promoted to the SPFL then. Why not give automatic promotion to the winners of the Highland/Lowland League then ? The problem is that at the bottom of the SPFL their is no true pyramid system. Indeed the Highland League has no relegation system and no feeder Leader League below it, unlike the Lowland League. 

If that is the case then why do Highland League Clubs need to playoff with the Lowland League winners to get promoted to the SPFL then. Why not give automatic promotion to the winners of the Highland/Lowland League then ? The problem is that at the bottom of the SPFL their is no true pyramid system. Indeed the Highland League has no relegation system and no feeder Leader League below it, unlike the Lowland League. 

Nobody knows for sure but fair to assume that if the structure allowed 2 promoted places into SPFL Lg  2, then they’d go to respective winners of HL & LL every season. 
But reality is that only 1 place on offer. So the winners of the 2 ‘5th equal’ tiers play-off to get a crack at getting into 4th tier.

If that is the case then why do Highland League Clubs need to playoff with the Lowland League winners to get promoted to the SPFL then. 

Think of it as 5a vs. 5b to see who moves to the 4th tier. It’s pretty straight forward really. 

As for your second point. Pyramids have to stop somewhere. The fact that the Highland league has no promotion while the Lowland League has is irrelevant. There is a massive discrepancy in quality in teams at the top end and bottom end of both leagues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Lowland League the the Highland League are both the 5th in equal measures, it’s simply regionalised.

Other than that, totally agree with what @The Gray Man says a little bit further up.

• Like 1

Very poor 2nd half.  Plenty of good opportunities against inept opposition, but the decision making in around the box and the shooting were woeful.  

We're in the hat for the 3rd round, but with the team falling well short of Pete's 5-0 bar, surely that's game over for KR. 🙄

Had we scored 7 or 8 I don’t think they could complained. Currie mad a wonder save after about 70 minutes and from the resulting corner they had two penalty calls. That aside it was a canter. 

Heaver the class player in our team, saddle without Peters, our other 3 forward options look to be fighting it out as to who can be poorest. At least Duffy got into the areas to kiss his chances, Hawke offered nowt and Wright is Wright!! 

job done and into the hat which given some of the other results shouldn’t be overlooked. Disappointing to not have a game next week. Apologies to those around me who I tried to tell the Cowdenbeath Broxburn replay would be midweek. I thought if it wasn’t over a certain distance it was a midweek replay! 

Think il take my home town team in their replay against Formartine next week

Well we got the job done but it should have been more, good 1st half with Sean Heaver unlucky not to get a hatrick. 

2nd half was disappointing to say the least spurned a couple of good chances and we were fortunate not to concede late on and then perhaps Strathspey were unfortunate not to get a penalty soon after but the main thing is we are thru to the next round and I wonder if the draw tomorrow will be kind to us. 
Just hope the Strathspey player stretchered off was not badly injured. 

So we are into the hat for the next round draw, but the result flattered a pretty inept Strathspey. Had it not been for wonderful Goalkeeping and equally poor finishing, then the score line would have been vastly different.

As has been mentioned above,Heaver was quite rightly voted MOTM and put in a hell of a shift. I have only seen him in the games against Stenhousemuir and today, but he looks like an exciting player. He was full of direct running and offered so much. Sure, he made mistakes but if he can keep up the standards he set today then he’s going to have a wonderful season. It’s hard to believe he’s 27 and never played in the league until now.

The same can’t be said about the other Strikers though. I hate to be critical of our lads but once again Hawke looked out his depth and was rightly hooked at Half Time, Duffy missed a Hattrick of easy chances, whilst being ball greedy at other times and Max Wright looked totally ineffective, giving the ball away twice. Throw in Dylan Mackin, who looks to be out the picture and out of shape, you do wonder who’ll be the first to be offered some kind of deal to leave the club as ,Duffy aside, it does seem to be the same story on a weekly basis.

Anyway, today was a day of positives and I thought there was a lot to take, but it’s like when you are judging Scotland v San Marino, due to the lack of opposition, it’s hard to judge how good we actually were.

Most of what was good about our play today, came down the left hand side and through the trio of Creaney, Thomson and Heaver. in fact, it’s safe to say the 3 if them cruised the first half and ultimately won us the game. Like the Stricker’s, the rest of the squad were hit and miss but thankfully there were more hits than misses. Jardine showed flashes of brilliance and if he could just show a little bit more composure, could have scored. Nicol looked more like the player we saw at Clyde and the 2 Centre Backs, McLean & McGregor, strolled the little that they had to deal with.

Currie pulled off a wonderful save before Strathspey had a good shout for a penalty, when the ball hit McGeachie’s arm, going by the new rules then it was a penalty, so it was a let off, but other than that, they didn’t really show much else.

Although not the 5 that Pete was demanding, it was still another positive result for KR and hopefully we can get a money spinner in the next round.

Next weeks game is now cancelled, as Cowdenbeath face Broxburn in their reply, however, whatever happens with our next game, Heaver must be playing and hopefully he can repeat this level of play in League 2 also.

Finally, it was also good to bump into the voice of reason, @Darth Bino, it’s always a pleasure mate.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:24 PM, Offside said:

curates egg off a performance somr good bits some indifferent and three players who must be giving cause for concern . lewis hawke sorry kr he has to go in janaury . im a55 year old with airthretic knee and a dody ticker . but still have more passion and heart than hes ever shown . and rightly hooked at half time hopefully never to be seen again when injured players are fit . darryl duffy is this the same player whos been a top scorer throughout his career . doesnt look it . his headed miss in front off a open goal 3 yards out couldnt miss surely did . and could have had 4 in the time on the park  max wright rubbish end off  . 

its dissapointing when you manage 30 shots on goal 13 on target and only score two mind you keeper had 7 saves to keep the score down . my 5=0 prediction wouldnt have been far from th mark had we taken our chances . agree with sean heaver . a real find . hopefully with a extra week off  . get our main players back fit and we should kick on played some tidy stuff at times though frankly straspey are one off the poorest teams to visit forthbank so manager has some head scratching to do in terms off strikers . without peters and bikey and a unfit mackin the cupboard is fairly bare in terms off options 

9 minutes ago, Buster said:

So we are into the hat for the next round draw, but the result flattered a pretty inept Strathspey. Had it not been for wonderful Goalkeeping and equally poor finishing, then the score line would have been vastly different.

As has been mentioned above,Heaver was quite rightly voted MOTM and put in a hell of a shift. I have only seen him in the games against Stenhousemuir and today, but he looks like an exciting player. He was full of direct running and offered so much. Sure, he made mistakes but if he can keep up the standards he set today then he’s going to have a wonderful season. It’s hard to believe he’s 27 and never played in the league until now.

The same can’t be said about the other Strikers though. I hate to be critical of our lads but once again Hawke looked out his depth and was rightly hooked at Half Time, Duffy missed a Hattrick of easy chances, whilst being ball greedy at other times and Max Wright looked totally ineffective, giving the ball away twice. Throw in Dylan Mackin, who looks to be out the picture and out of shape, you do wonder who’ll be the first to be offered some kind of deal to leave the club as ,Duffy aside, it does seem to be the same story on a weekly basis.

Anyway, today was a day of positives and I thought there was a lot to take, but it’s like when you are judging Scotland v San Marino, due to the lack of opposition, it’s hard to judge how good we actually were.

Most of what was good about our play today, came down the left hand side and through the trio of Creaney, Thomson and Heaver. in fact, it’s safe to say the 3 if them cruised the first half and ultimately won us the game. Like the Stricker’s, the rest of the squad were hit and miss but thankfully there were more hits than misses. Jardine showed flashes of brilliance and if he could just show a little bit more composure, could have scored. Nicol looked more like the player we saw at Clyde and the 2 Centre Backs, McLean & McGregor, strolled the little that they had to deal with.

Currie pulled off a wonderful save before Strathspey had a good shout for a penalty, when the ball hit McGeachie’s arm, going by the new rules then it was a penalty, so it was a let off, but other than that, they didn’t really show much else.

Although not the 5 that Pete was demanding, it was still another positive result for KR and hopefully we can get a money spinner in the next round.

Next weeks game is now cancelled, as Cowdenbeath face Broxburn in their reply, however, whatever happens with our next game, Heaver must be playing and hopefully he can repeat this level of play in League 2 also.

Finally, it was also good to bump into the voice of reason, @Darth Bino, it’s always a pleasure mate.

Great to see you too and even better that you're happy in a new job.  It's not a great feeling to find that a good guy has been sacrificed for the sake of your voting principles. 

Not sure where this voice of reason thing comes from, I'm a grumpy old dinosaur with a gift for making a tit of himself. There's hope for us all then I suppose.

Agree with your analysis. I can only really add that an extra positive, was the ball being sprayed about on the deck  and rarely hoofed forward like a hot potato. That particularly helped Heaver to do real damage with his pace and also meant we gifted the ball back far less than usual.  Heaver did particularly well, considering he had an empty shirt partnering him up front in the first half.  I don't like to get nasty about individuals, but how the hell do you give a "nice" assessment of Hawke, when I'll be surprised if he actually touched the ball more than three times before being hooked?  That's not unusual for him either. I'm sorry, but there's just nothing there, except a question mark about he ever got into this level of football in the first place. I know how harsh that is, but some things you just can'tr gloss over with niceties.

Duffy quite simply had a shocker up front. Maybe just a bad patch with him, I don't know, but dear oh dear!

Nicol did play well.  He may be crude in the challenge at times, to his own cost, but he does consistently try to make sure of a pass and doesn't just hit and hope. I like him.

We are through and I am pleased with that, but that defence still looks at sea with a high ball in. We can't afford that against better opposition and it needs sorted. I enjoyed it, but the cracks are still there to see and that's a worry.  The football was an improvement though, so a mixed bag really. 

The lowest point was obviously the injury to the Strathspey lad. I didn't see how it happened, but a break is always horrifying. Muted celebrations from me for that reason.

I do hope Heaver has won his place, he's earned it. Deserved man of the match, despite missing out on a hat trick with a howler he was clearly embarrassed by. Hope it didn't spoil his day too much, because it was his day. Currie's too for that matter. What a reflex save that was.

7 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

Heaver did particularly well, considering he had an empty shirt partnering him up front in the first half. 

Yup