Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
The West Stand

Binos v Cowdenbeth

So its another Saturday break for us but onto tuesday when we host Cowden. Don't know what to expect from this match. hopefully a win. 

also to note - notice that Mike Roncone is the ref. 

23 minutes ago, The West Stand said:

So its another Saturday break for us but onto tuesday when we host Cowden. Don't know what to expect from this match. hopefully a win. 

GTF

1 hour ago, The West Stand said:

Well hopefully Broxburn do us a favour on Saturday and dish out a kicking to Cowdenbeath to make it easier for us to get the win. 

Need to get the points and if we do we might get off the bottom and start moving us this League. This game and the Albion Rovers game on Saturday could prove vital to us if we win them both. They could just be the spring board to give the side some confidence and see us start to string a run of games together when we start to pick up points. 

re the ref did he not take charge of the Elgin game we won.? 

Prediction Binos 2 Cowdenbeath 0   

1 hour ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Cowden making heavy weather of it so far.  Stenny knocked out by penicuik.  Not a good day for league 2 

Both League 2 clubs knocked out of the Cup by 3-0 scorelines, not a good day for League 2. Hopefully we can make it more misery for Cowdenbeath when we take them on at Forthbank on Tuesday night. 

what does todays scores tell you about our league . hopefully kevin took in the tie at broxburn . and hopefully has something up his sleeve . for tuesday night . by all accounts going by the day we lost 1-0 at central park the blue brazil werent much cop  . if ever a game was crying out for us to put a side to the sword its tuesday 

tuesday night for me has to be our morton cappilow moment . we went into that game with 6 points from 11 game 7 points from safety no one including myself ever saw us winning at 90 mins a 2-1 victory proplled us on a 11 game run off 31 points 10 win out off those 11 games . im just cryng out for us to do it again . as with that 2004 squad we had been knocking on the door off getting a vital win . like moore   kevs feeling the heat needs a result . prediction stirling 2 cowdenbeath 1 

When it all clicks we're going to give someone a right hounding. 

Cant see it happening on Tuesday with Roncone in charge and would be happy with a win of any nature. 

8 hours ago, pete 123 said:

tuesday night for me has to be our morton cappilow moment . we went into that game with 6 points from 11 game 7 points from safety no one including myself ever saw us winning at 90 mins a 2-1 victory proplled us on a 11 game run off 31 points 10 win out off those 11 games . im just cryng out for us to do it again . as with that 2004 squad we had been knocking on the door off getting a vital win . like moore   kevs feeling the heat needs a result . prediction stirling 2 cowdenbeath 1 

Don't know if it will be our Cappielow moment pete 123 but the next 2 home games are vital to us, win both get the 6 points and we move of the bottom of the table and kickstart our season. Fail to get at least 4 points from these 2 home games and the pressure will only mount as the next game after 2 home games is away to Cove. 

• Like 1

you all know my pet hate about plastic pitches . so glad it wasnt us but cowdenbeath who had to suffer . pitch looked the worst off the surfaces ive seen and certainly contributed to the blue brazils demise going by the highlights . amazing second goal . two dodgy penalties . one missed . if kev was there take back what i said about learning anything . cant judge playng on rubbish like that 

another week on a no sign off dylan bikey josh peters dylan mackin . and now jordon lowden out as well and not had gareth rogers since he signed . love a expltination ? as to why we have consistantly the highest injury list in  our league . this isnt a short term issue has been happening now for at least last three seasons . what are we doing in training  kicking lumps out off each other . soon be seeing raw meat as part off our pre match build up . got to stop 

some thought for fans turning up tommorrow the prospect off having that empty sleeve lewis hawke in the team . is work rate is non exsitant . hopefully darryl duffy gets the nod dspite his poor form 

On 10/27/2019 at 7:48 PM, chuckitphilliben said:

When it all clicks we're going to give someone a right hounding. 

Cant see it happening on Tuesday with Roncone in charge and would be happy with a win of any nature. 

Agree 1-0 would be adequate 

Substantial change in odds today. We were 2/1 last night, now 5/4, that’s a lot of punters backing us!! 

On top for virtually the whole game but couldn't get a goal.   Couple of penalty shouts, couple of good saves from the cowden keeper and every loose ball in the box falling to a blue shirt.  

First half was poor quality but we stepped things up nicely second half.

Basically the brechin game all over again 

I’m getting worried. We are clearly as good if not better than half this league but we have won one in ten & scored 5 goals in 900 minutes of football. An early chance aside they didn’t look like scoring yet another blank and another draw! A fairly drab game, but we were the better side without creating much and again unable to convert the few chances we had.

Crainey s head knock locked bad, how the ref didn’t stop play given the noise the clash of heads was beyond everyone else except the ref! In fairness given his previous I didn’t think he was that bad. A decent shout for a pen near the end but we would have likely missed it. 

The sooner that Peters & Bikey are fit who better. Hawke looked poor, Duffy looks devoid of confidence and Wright is one of the poorest players Iv ever seen at our level! 

On 10/28/2019 at 5:15 PM, pete 123 said:

another week on a no sign off dylan bikey josh peters dylan mackin . and now jordon lowden out as well and not had gareth rogers since he signed . love a expltination ? as to why we have consistantly the highest injury list in  our league . this isnt a short term issue has been happening now for at least last three seasons . what are we doing in training  kicking lumps out off each other . soon be seeing raw meat as part off our pre match build up . got to stop 

blocked

Same old story created chances but could not score and that is worrying. Got a point tonight but it should have been 3. Really hope we can get the ball in the net on Saturday and get the win. If we don’t get the points then surely the Board must be worried. We cannot go on not scoring and dropping points something has to change. SOON ! 

night off total frustration 9o mins dominated the game 18corners . and spoiled again by that pratt mike roncone denied us a stonewall penalty second half clear hand ball idiots 5 yards awy and turns away . concerning that for all the tidy nice football at times . ge t to the 18 yard area and nobodies prepared to put their laceys  threw the ball rather take a extra touch . stand out again kevin nichol tideyied up at the back danny jardine full off running and ross solid as ever . but dear o dear max wright excuse me hes a trade description disaster . to call himself a football player . sat now is huge have to win at any cost take a dodgy 89th goal just win

We look quite good at times and are pretty well organised.  We just go to pieces in the final third.

It's either a poor cross or a mishit pass or the wrong decision.  And when we do get a decent ball in the keeper makes a great save or it hits a leg and bounces away.  And the ball never seems to run in our favour.  

At the other end we rarely look like conceding and I'm fairly sure we've conceded fewer goals than anyone else.

So it's nearly there.  

A run of defeats, followed by a run of draws.  Logically we're due a run of victories.  

We looked a lot better than cowden tonight especially in the second half and it was poor finishing rather than heroic defending that gave them a point  

So chins up - the wins are coming

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

A run of defeats, followed by a run of draws.  Logically we're due a run of victories.

I beg to differ. Logically we're due more of the same. I didn't go. I decided it wasn't worth freezing for more of the same and I had no doubt it would be the same. Predictably KR went with Hawke again.  How's that working for you KR?

2 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

I beg to differ. Logically we're due more of the same. I didn't go. I decided it wasn't worth freezing for more of the same and I had no doubt it would be the same. Predictably KR went with Hawke again.  How's that working for you KR?

hawke useless as usual empty shirt as was max wright when he came on . mackin was thrown on with 6 mins to go clearly not fit . bikie was doing run round with kev may be back sat hope so we look great as a football side  untill we get to the 18 yard box then misplace a pass or pass it backwards nobodies prepared to have a shot . defence is solid . we are a better team than our league position suggests thats the frustrating thing theirs 8 other sides who are no better than us 

21 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

.we are a better team than our league position suggests thats the frustrating thing theirs 8 other sides who are no better than us 

No we are not mate. We are as good or as bad as our league position suggests. We're where we are because we earned it and continue to earn it and the manager seems incapable  of Improving on it.  Quite honestly I feel his position is untenable.  That could change.....or perhaps not.

• Like 1