Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

The Binos v Albion Rovers

Next up at Forthbank  are Albion Rovers 1 point above in the League. Vital game for both teams who need the points to stay clear of the bottom spot. 

Burning question for most Bino fans is can we score on Saturday. We have the worst scoring record in the League but fortunately for us the 2nd best defensive record. Only 5 goals in 10 games now and if we want to have any chance of getting off the bottom we need to start scoring. 

Hopefully we cam manage to achieve that on Saturday and get the 3 points. 

Prediction Binos 1 Albion Rovers 0   🙏

Edited by Bino2014

Would be tempted to give dom docherty a start in place of Wilson.  I like wilson as he seems technically quite able but it's not quite working for him at the moment.

Docherty might prove a better link to the front guys. 

Agree with this 100% I’m sorry but I don’t see what Wilson gives. We bits here and there, but Iv never seen him give any more than 5-6/10 Not saying Docherty Is a world beater but on his game showed he can be very good last season. When good much better than Iv seen from Wilson, when poor arguably worse, but worth a wee change for something different imo. For whatever reason Kev seems to feel Wilson is undropable so don’t expect this to happen

47 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Would be tempted to give dom docherty a start in place of Wilson.  I like wilson as he seems technically quite able but it's not quite working for him at the moment.

Docherty might prove a better link to the front guys. 

Yes don't see what Wilson brings to the team, Docherty should be given the chance to see if he can do better. Might provide the spark to get the win on Saturday. 

45 minutes ago, Bino2014 said:

Yes don't see what Wilson brings to the team, Docherty should be given the chance to see if he can do better. Might provide the spark to get the win on Saturday. 

As above, I like him as a player.  In the group stages of the league cup he looked like a star but he's been quite inconsistent overall.  I think he's maybe a confidence player.  Seems to me that, like Duffy, he's trying a bit too hard and making the wrong decisions ie trying the 60 yard pass when a simple ball might be more effective.  i don;t think KR has quite got the right midfield balance yet and for me that is the key.  We know Duffy is a proven goalscorer.  Mackin is maybe a bit immobile but we know he can score.  Peters looked good before his injury and Bikey can do stuff all on his own.  So we should have the firepower if we can get some decent links from midfield forwards.

Defence and keeper are solid for this league and Nicol protects the back four well although he's obviously going to do some daft things occasionally which will cost us goals.

1 hour ago, Darth Bino said:

Very short. Please somebody score and please win.

preferably someone wearing a Bino shirt! and please not an own goal!

30 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

HT 0-0

Dominated the game.  Played some nice stuff. Hit the post

A forward scoring? How innovative!

Deserved win but did wonder where our goals were going to come from. Sean Heaver was excellent, took his goal really well. McGregor gets better with every game. We can start looking up the table now. Brechin and Albion rovers will be worried though. 

Finally it all came together! Well done KR and the boys! 

I was at the Etihad this afternoon, but as I said to my Man City supporting son, there was only one score I cared about today. 

Mon the Binos!

I wasn’t there! I have been in Glasgow on 3 ocassions season during our games, we have won all 3, I am putting my house on the market on Monday & moving! 

Delighted, relieved whatever I feel I know the coaching staff and players will feel many times over. Whether this is a turn around or not it was big and well done to everyone. Edinburgh City’s late goals were pleasing as well

Good win for and to score 3 GOALS as well will give the team confidence, nice to see Darryl Duffy get his first League goal for us. 
Once we went in front then their was only one outcome an Albion win. Goals from McGregor and Heaver wrapped up the points for us. 

Onwards to Cove next week with a little bit of confidence could this be the spark to kickstart our season, certainly hope so. 😀

Delighted for KR and MH and all the players.  Solid performance where we didn't remotely look like conceding and looked dangerous in attack.

Heaver was excellent as were Wilson, thomson and nicol but it was a fine all round performance.

What a difference a couple of goals make 

• Like 2

Just now, chuckitphilliben said:

Delighted for KR and MH and all the players.  Solid performance where we didn't remotely look like conceding and looked dangerous in attack.

Heaver was excellent as were Wilson, thomson and nicol but it was a fine all round performance.

Glad you were proved right mate.  I wondered if we were going to suffer again, after Heaver got a goal ruled out for offside and it was looking like a solid at the back, not happening up front repeat for quite a while. Then the goal!  I did think Wilson's efforts to get the ball across for it were a bit comical. In the end he miscued the pass so badly that it was spinning like a top, possibly why it wasn't cleared when it looked like the chance was lost to me?  Whatever, Duffy got a foot to it from less than a yard out and in it flew.

What a difference even one goal can make. From there they never looked back and a second from a corner, oh bliss!  Heaver possibly a bit fortunate with a linesman often way behind the play in not being given offside, but he took his chance well. The video should be interesting on that one, but even if he wasn't onside, I'll take the breaks when we get them as we often don't. 

It was a good performance. Delighted for the players, probably more for KR as he had to start winning.  Heaver literally ran them ragged from beginning to end and that's impressive. He might be late getting his senior chance, but he's showing he deserves it and then some. 

Another interesting part of the video would be Docherty's booking. Not sure that wasn't a two footed challenge he should have been off for?  What the hell, it's a 3-0 win. Relieved, delighted, ecstatic, whatever you like. Well happy with that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

I did think Wilson's efforts to get the ball across for it were a bit comical

Wasn’t it Willis? Thought he was poor. And lazy. We’re nowhere near good enough to have passengers. Everyone needs to work their ass off.

9 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

Not sure that wasn't a two footed challenge he should have been off for?

Didn’t necessarily see it that way, but you might be right. I definitely cringed. WTF does a player launch into that kind of tackle in a nothing area when you’re 3 up & the game’s dead? Eejit

Just now, Offside said:

Wasn’t it Willis? Thought he was poor. And lazy. We’re nowhere near good enough to have passengers. Everyone needs to work their ass off.

Didn’t necessarily see it that way, but you might be right. I definitely cringed. WTF does a player launch into that kind of tackle in a nothing area when you’re 3 up & the game’s dead? Eejit

Yes mate, you're right, it was Willis, my bad.  Not sure I'd go for lazy. Ineffective yes, but shoved out wide didn't help him at all to be fair. Somebody had to go there and he drew the short straw really.  

Not at all sure if it was two footed or not. Certainly rash and no need for it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chuckitphilliben said:

Yup! Heaver has bags of skill, but badly lacking re upper body strength. Looks like he has a great attitude. 

Paul McLean was my MoM. Brings so much solidity & (with Nicol) gives us the platform which allows Heaver, Wilson, Jardine etc to play

Just now, Offside said:

Yup! Heaver has bags of skill, but badly lacking re upper body strength. Looks like he has a great attitude. 

Paul McLean was my MoM. Brings so much solidity & (with Nicol) gives us the platform which allows Heaver, Wilson, Jardine etc to play

Yep. McLean has been outstanding at centre half with McGregor even though he was probably expected to play at full back   

He reads the game well and usually strolls it as he did today 

The spine of the team - currie, mclean, mcgregor, nicol - just lacks a dependable striker but is shaping up nicely.  Let's hope daryl duffy is that man and kicks on from here. 

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

McLean did do well, wish he'd cool it a bit with the arm round hug thing though. That could cost us in the box.  I certainly think Jardine benefits from Nicol's presence a lot exactly as you say.

Maybe a tad harsh on Heaver with that. He got nudged off the ball once when he was off balance that I saw. C,mon mate, once?

Edited by Darth Bino

12 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

He got nudged off the ball once

Happened a dozen times before you arrived 😉

• Like 1

Just now, The West Stand said:

Off the pitch question...

How did the tanoy sound today? We are working with a dodgy mixer that can be unreliable. 

Didn't notice anything wrong, but I'm unreliable as well mate. I Felt sorry for the announcer, who obviously had as little clue as the rest of us at the time who scored from that corner.

6 minutes ago, The West Stand said:

Off the pitch question...

How did the tanoy sound today? We are working with a dodgy mixer that can be unreliable. 

Could hardly hear anything. There’s stuff on fb page about it from Cowdenbeath game