Beautiful Sunday
Sign in to follow this  
Bino2014

The Binos v Albion Rovers

1 minute ago, Darth Bino said:

I Felt sorry for the announcer, who obviously had as little clue as the rest of us at the time who scored from that corner.

I just went with what the press box said and looked like McGregor claimed it. 

Just now, Offside said:

Could hardly hear anything. There’s stuff on fb page about it from Cowdenbeath game

As i say dodgy equipment and the club are looking into a solution for this. 

Just now, The West Stand said:

I just went with what the press box said and looked like McGregor claimed it. 

I didn't even hear it mate, so either Offside is right or I'm going deaf as well as blind. I hope he's right.

happy bino tonight . and well deserved . big well done to kevin and martin and the players . and most off all the fans . /weve endured a torrid time lately but now on a six match unbeaten run . i hope the bounce off darryl duffies knee for th

e opening goal kick starts a scoring run . . he looked a different player last half hour showing glimpses off the player we all know he is . he is a quality player . thought nichol heaver jardine megeachie willis were imense oh forget it every player put a shift in 

certainly showed second half our position is false . if only mackin had scored the penalty at annan and duffys effort not hit the bar at brechin wed be sitting in a play off spot just now . hope today ist the last time we have to look behind us this  season were so much better than that 

It's an absolute pleasure reading the forum tonight. Glad everyone's smiling again. 

The form table shows that things are definitely turning around.

We should be under no illusion, next week will be a mammoth task. Our away form is still poor and in that regard we sit second bottom of the table - and we're facing the team who has the best form home and away. 

But, and yes there's always a but, we're riding a 7 match unbeaten run and haven't conceded a goal in the last 270 minutes of football. It's unlikely we'll get a result, but it's certainly not beyond the bounds of possibilities.

Capture+_2019-11-02-20-41-19.png

Capture+_2019-11-02-20-46-52.png

42 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

if only mackin had scored the penalty at annan and duffys effort not hit the bar at brechin wed be sitting in a play off spot just now . 

Certainly shows the fine margins between success and failure. I hope the manager, players and the board enjoy the rest of their weekend. A well deserved win. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The West Stand said:

As i say dodgy equipment and the club are looking into a solution for this. 

I was reliably informed, before the game, that water/dampness got into the tannoy system and buggered it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert Young said:

I was reliably informed, before the game, that water/dampness got into the tannoy system and buggered it up.

Can confirm 

• Like 1

Very pleasing result today and shows that with a bit of confidence we can score goals.We do have the best defensive record in the league after today's results and IMO is a sign of a decent team.

darryll duffies scored a lot off goals in his career . but none more important for the binos than his toe poke from a yard out .in terms off our season  .could be sizemic . yesterday up till the last half hour . we where in a game frankly we where never going to lose . but for all the nice football.we showed.again our lack off a cutting edge was evident for all to see. that goal seemed to loosen the shackles . and were a transformed side in the last half hour.players wanting to get on the ball and swarming forward we have the basis off a good team . and hopefully the return off bikey on sat . will give us confidence going up to cove id be more than happy coming back down the a9 on sat night with a point in the bag would show real progress has been made . 

one thing nice to see was players who are fully behind the manager and the joy on kevs face running down the touchline when sean put his lacies threw the ball for number 3 was a delight . i honestly dont wont a change off manager . kev for me has the enthuasium for the job its there in spades . ive allways thought on our day playing well were a match for any side in this league . may have been the case injuries and players taking time to settel . possibly has been the factor off our poor start 

what yesterday showed and tuesday night too . were in a false position on recent performances . and at this moment id rather be in our shoes than albion rovers or brechin who look more likely for me to be scrapping it out for that dreaded trap door game in may . hopefully over next 10 games we can start looking towards top 4 which was where with the team and squad we have  in my opinion is where we should be 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

i honestly dont wont a change off manager .

Sorry Pete,  but that is simply not true. You have been the main protagonist for wanting the manager out from ridiculously early in the season. 
Plenty of people on here were telling you why the manager should be given more time. Now that’s showing signs of fruition your doing a 360. Trust me that if you speak less people will listen to you more. 👍🏼

4 hours ago, The Gray Man said:

Sorry Pete,  but that is simply not true. You have been the main protagonist for wanting the manager out from ridiculously early in the season. 
Plenty of people on here were telling you why the manager should be given more time. Now that’s showing signs of fruition your doing a 360. Trust me that if you speak less people will listen to you more. 👍🏼

Both McLaren and Mackay got horsed early in the season for taking us to the bottom not the top. I don't remember complaints from anybody that it was ridiculously early.  It's Pete's anger level that was off the scale, not his opinion. I  doubt many managers would have survived an opening 9 like we had. KR's position was untenable and he knew  it himself. It might yet prove untenable, so actually Pete's responding in a positive way to picking up points, but still being well away from where we all hoped to be. Should he really be shot at for that?  I don't think so. 

The only reasons I haven't demanded he got his lot is that we weren't getting hammered, the injuries and honestly not knowing which decision might turn out worse. Backing him or keeping him. I'll be damned if I'll be volunteering for the sin bin for that.   A 360 takes you back where you started mate. He's done a 180, but he's done it based on tangible evidence for it. Good on him.

15 minutes ago, Darth Bino said:

Both McLaren and Mackay got horsed early in the season for taking us to the bottom not the top. I don't remember complaints from anybody that it was ridiculously early.  It's Pete's anger level that was off the scale, not his opinion. I  doubt many managers would have survived an opening 9 like we had. KR's position was untenable and he knew  it himself. It might yet prove untenable, so actually Pete's responding in a positive way to picking up points, but still being well away from where we all hoped to be. Should he really be shot at for that?  I don't think so. 

The only reasons I haven't demanded he got his lot is that we weren't getting hammered, the injuries and honestly not knowing which decision might turn out worse. Backing him or keeping him. I'll be damned if I'll be volunteering for the sin bin for that.   A 360 takes you back where you started mate. He's done a 180, but he's done it based on tangible evidence for it. Good on him.

Oops... should have read backing him or sacking him.  The edit function seems to have gone walkies again?

only reason i felt kev was putting himself in position to get heaved and my worry . is the ultimate disaster . off fallng out off league two will bring possible end off stirling albion and is a real threat . the days when the shire propped up league two season on season with no consequences . are firmly gone , berwick are struggling now near the foot off league theve fall into . and wont be back . anytime soon . at the moment kev too a certain degree has arrested the slide . and  applaude him for that . as long as iprovement is sustained . il eat humble pie till the cows come home . but i wont be deflected if we slump back into our old ways . if our best starting 11 dont  produce . the price off failure in this div . is stark now . go down and chances are its for good and that would be catastrophic 

On 10/30/2019 at 9:57 AM, pete 123 said:

in the cold light off day . last night finally convinced me . its time for change . kr .is a top bloke and i have no issues with him in the slightest .as a manager sorry hes gone bsckwards alarmingly ...

my worry just now . is hes running the clock down . i dont think hes going to get anymore out off this team with him at the helm .

Pete’s opinion as recent as last Wednesday. He literally got banned from the forum for continuously going on about wanting the manager sacked. So his hypocrisy knows no bounds claiming that he didn’t want the manager sacked. No amount of shape shifting is going to change that as I can read perfectly fine. 

As for the 360, that’s exactly what he has done. A few decent results last season and he was on here telling us all ‘this is the one’.

Pete shouldn’t be shot for anything and I haven’t read anything suggesting he should. However, he should think more before he posts. Flooding the forum with posts is rather off putting. 

1 hour ago, Darth Bino said:

I’m really not sure why you are bringing yourself into this situation at all to be honest.

59 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

il eat humble pie till the cows come home . but i wont be deflected if we slump back into our old ways . if our best starting 11 dont  produce . the price off failure in this div . is stark now . go down and chances are its for good and that would be catastrophic 

A team has never been relegated in August, September, October or November for that matter. At no point this season has the team been cut adrift at the bottom of the league. If it does, then it makes absolute sense to demand change and I’ll be right there beside you demanding it. 

Anyone who thought that this team should have been contesting for the League has unrealistic expectations. For KR to state this at the beginning of the season is the biggest mistake he has made so far.

27 minutes ago, The Gray Man said:

Anyone who thought that this team should have been contesting for the League has unrealistic expectations. For KR to state this at the beginning of the season is the biggest mistake he has made so far.

Cove were an unknown before start of season. But based on 1st quarter, the Lg should be theirs. 
But, apart from Cove, I still see it as wide open. 
Cowdenbeath are my yardstick- they’re up there in 2nd/3rd & they are pish IMHO

30 minutes ago, The Gray Man said:

I haven't seen anything in this division, with the exception of Cove's midfield, that suggests we won't be in the mix for the promotion places if, and it is an if, we can get a bit of momentum going. 

Cove might win at a canter or might get found out.  I've only seen them in the game we played and in one HL fixture last year and I'm not sure they're all that - although the table does not lie and they are top on merit. 

But I certainly wouldn't be writing us off at this stage. KR will have learned an enormous amount about himself and his team over the first quarter and he strikes me as highly ambitious so lets see where we end up. 

• Like 1

For clarity, my definition of contesting for the league is first place. As people are pointing out Stirling could still get a play-off place. I think I predicted 7th place at the start of the season. Stenny are the team that have done worse than I expected so far this season. Sacking their manager early hasn’t helped them either funnily enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Gray Man said:

Pete’s opinion as recent as last Wednesday. He literally got banned from the forum for continuously going on about wanting the manager sacked. So his hypocrisy knows no bounds claiming that he didn’t want the manager sacked. No amount of shape shifting is going to change that as I can read perfectly fine. 

As for the 360, that’s exactly what he has done. A few decent results last season and he was on here telling us all ‘this is the one’.

Pete shouldn’t be shot for anything and I haven’t read anything suggesting he should. However, he should think more before he posts. Flooding the forum with posts is rather off putting. 

I’m really not sure why you are bringing yourself into this situation at all to be honest.

Pete's opinion as quoted, came after we failed to put Cowdenbeath away when they were there to be beat. That was hardly likely to change his mind. It certainly didn't ease my worries any. Is seeing progress really hypocrisy? Really? 

360 degrees is a full circle. He hasn't gone 360 degrees, he's gone 180 degrees to point the other way. If you turn your car 360 degrees it's pointing in the same direction as it was before. Think about it.

I didn't say  shot, I said shot down.. Surely you know the semantic difference in the context?

I do not believe he was banned for wanting the manager sacked. It was for getting too personal, insulting and inaccurately so in his comments. Nobody should be banned for wanting a bottom, or near bottom of the league manager sacked. To my knowledge that's never happened and never should. That would be positive policing gone mad.

Why would I comment on this? Because it's an open forum for opinion, not private conversation. I'll decide what I want to comment on, without that being questioned thank you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gray Man said:

For clarity, my definition of contesting for the league is first place. As people are pointing out Stirling could still get a play-off place. I think I predicted 7th place at the start of the season. Stenny are the team that have done worse than I expected so far this season. Sacking their manager early hasn’t helped them either funnily enough.

I think you'll find that would not be the board's definition. Their primary target has always been winning the league, with the play offs as a fallback target. I do not believe that has changed. The Phoenix may or may not wish to confirm or correct my belief.

one positive thats cheered me up no end the fact that since i attended my first match this season against elgin which we won 1-0 . we havent been beaten . will be sorely tested on sat . hopefully my run off unbeaten games continue thats six from seven . missed the annan game 

whilst i agree at times my comments over kev where at times coming across as being abusive and over the top . my concern was solely about the club and supporters what weve now seen in the last week and now today , the two so called giants off edinburgh , are both now looking for managers as paul hinginbottom . finally gets the bullet at hibs . theres no longer any sentiment in football . im pleased kevin has shown a minny recovery but if results go pear shaped again next few games . hes out . end off story . regard;ess off the fact were a league two club . failure even at a club like stirling albion cant be tolerated 

12 minutes ago, pete 123 said:

whilst i agree at times my comments over kev where at times coming across as being abusive and over the top . my concern was solely about the club and supporters what weve now seen in the last week and now today , the two so called giants off edinburgh , are both now looking for managers as paul hinginbottom . finally gets the bullet at hibs . theres no longer any sentiment in football . im pleased kevin has shown a minny recovery but if results go pear shaped again next few games . hes out . end off story . regard;ess off the fact were a league two club . failure even at a club like stirling albion cant be tolerated 

Pete, I have said before you wear your heart on your sleeve, and given team performances over the last few seasons we have all seen your views yoyo between euphoria and despair. Others bottle it up but you give it full throttle. 

You have already calmed it down a bit my friend. Just keep the balance.